Bank Rules

Matt Litchfield

H4z

Bank Rules

July 05 2010
Ok, slightly miffed here.

What is with the "withdrawl" limit on the bank?
I was moving some stacked items, not data samples, and one swapped when I thought it could still stack.
I get a message that I've reached my withdrawl limit.
Oh, but of course, I can still deposit.

I understand that there may be a need to limit some over zealous players from taking more than their fair share. I do not believe this describes most of the fleet.

Perhaps I missed a post. The last several times I've checked in, the site was down. Guess I chose the worst times to try. Regardless.

I ended up spending over 30k on something I could have gotten for "free" from our fleet bank. I typically deposit into our bank before sending things out to the exchange.

So, whatever. It's just disappointing that I'll have to rely on the exchange more than the fleet.
Nick Swinford

nicholasjohn16

Re: Bank Rules

July 05 2010
The issue isn't the withdraw limits, its a bug with the Fleet Bank currently. Whenever you move an item in the Fleet Bank, it's considered a withdraw and a deposit, which sadly counts to your total for the daily withdraw limits. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Currently, the withdraw limits are set:
Consumables: 20 Cadets/ 30 Members
Rank tabs: 5 Cadets/ 10 Members
Data Samples: 200 Cadets / 300 Members

We're currently still discussing if these limits are too strict. Everyone's input is always welcome.
Matt Litchfield

H4z

Re: Bank Rules

July 05 2010
Thanks for the clarification. I knew the rules couldn't have been that strict. Still leaves me weary of using the bank.
Nick Swinford

nicholasjohn16

Re: Bank Rules

July 05 2010
Do you think the limits should be less strict?
Sam

Gravitos

Re: Bank Rules

July 06 2010
The limits that are there seem fair. If someone is pulling out 10 things in the rank tabs I would hope they are putting something back.

Besides, a lot of what you could need drops in game or is a reward for a story arc. I'd be more worried about someone hoarding energy credits to buy the uber purple gear on the exchange. *that is if you can withdraw credits since i've never tried or had need to.*
Nick Swinford

nicholasjohn16

Re: Bank Rules

July 06 2010
No one but Officers have the ability to withdraw energy credits from the fleet bank.
Matt Litchfield

H4z

Re: Bank Rules

July 06 2010
My issue was that I typically put in a LOT more than I withdraw. I too rely mostly on drops. Only from time to time would I look in the Fleet Bank for an item such as Stem Bolts or a console. The logs verify that type of activity but after looking at them once, I would not want to audit them to report a problem, ugh.

I think the only reason I noticed it was because of my "oops" when I tried to keep stacking something that was already at its stack limit. It swapped and I'm guessing counted each item and not the stack. That's of course a guess based on my last experience.

Regarding the current set, the consumables could be an issue I guess depending on the combination of eps you do in a given day. I assume the limit is per day? Like I said, for the way I play, this is typically a non-issue and the "oops" just really messed things up for me. Oddly, I was still able to put the stack back in but the damage was already done by that point.