Writing Contest: Left Behind!

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

May 23 2021

Another Stonewall Gaming #WritingContest is upon us and we're excited to announce the theme of our first writing contest of 2021: "Left Behind"

Running now through June 30th, 2021, we're inviting all members of SGN to submit a story of their in-game character from their favorite game, whether it be Star Trek Online, Dead by Daylight, Valheim, Fortnite, Overwatch or any other, but we want you to incorporate the theme of the contest into your story!  Might you have chosen to sacrifice yourself to save others?  Maybe you were betrayed and left to be forgotten?  In any event, we want you to tug at our heart strings so hard that we can't help but sob uncontrollably in the tub as we read your entries!

We'll share every submission with the entire community for them to enjoy, but we'll also be looking for the top three entries that excel in three criteria that we'll detail below.  This contest is open to all members of the Stonewall community, regardless of which games you play.  We're so very eager for you, Stonewall's amazing writing talents, to once again share your talent and creativity with us and your community!

To participate in Stonewall's "Left Behind" writing contest, you must login with your SGN account and post your entry here, in this thread, before day's end on June 30th, 2021.  Please use the #WritingContest hashtag in your entries.  Your posted entry must comply with these additional rules to be eligible:

1. Your story must be written in English (so the judges can understand it)
  2. Your story must be your own original work (plagiarism will result in disqualification)
  3. Don't make your story novel length; we need to be able to read it in a single sitting!
  4. The content of your story must not be edited after the submission deadline of June 30th

Only one entry per community member, please.  While we encourage you to include graphics to supplement your stories if you like, only the written narrative portion of your entry will be judged.  Instructions on how to incorporate graphics in your post can be found by clicking here.

As always, we'll be looking for the THREE stand-out stories among all of the entries.  As we've done in the past, a panel of three judges will individually rate each of the entries in the categories of creativity, detail and impact.  The average of all three judge's rankings of an entry will produce the final score against which, the other entries will be ranked!  The categories are explained in more detail below:

• Creativity: To what degree is the content original or unique?
  • Detail: To what degree are elements of the story explained in more intricate detail, rather than simply being stated as fact?
  • Impact: To what degree does the story resonate with the reader for a more lasting impact?

The winning contest entries will be recognized on our Facebook and Twitter social media feeds.  We'll also be giving away a participation prize of two Stonewall Credits to all those who enter!  The prize packs are as follows:

First place:
  1. 6 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store
  2. Featured in the next edition of the Stonewall Times, our community magazine

Second place:
  1. 5 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store

Third place:
  1. 4 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store

*Stonewall credits can be saved and/or redeemed for real-world and in-game merchandise through the Stonewall Credits Store.

Good luck to all participants!  We can't wait to read your entries!

3 people liked this
Edited May 25 2021 by Voleron

Unknown Person

A Fallout Universe Ghoul's Origin Story

May 24 2021
 #WritingContest 

(Reposting, since I deleted after thinking I put it in the wrong place.)

There's the door. I need to get it open. Who knew needing the mop and bucket to clean up after some kid puked on the floor would save my life. Seems the closet here was sturdier than I'd have given it credit for. Damn it! Open, you bastard! I said.. open! Whoa. I guess I'm stronger now. I think I bent that door. Doesn't matter. I can get out now. Good Gods, that sun is bright. Wait, the sun? There should be a whole hospital here. But there's.. rubble. Nothing but rubble. And my closet. I was right and they finally hit that big, damn, red button.

Okay, forget the mirror. I've got worse problems. Everything is gone. I need to find food, water.. a standing building that isn't my janitor's closet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a week now and I haven't needed to eat, drink, or sleep once now. Maybe I don't need to. Whatever happened to me seems to have done that. Had to have been the radiation. That's my best guess anyway. How it did this, but killed everyone else is beyond me. Well, most everyone else. I guess I'm trying so hard to forget seeing those.. zombie things that I'm actually succeeding. If it all weren't so horrible, I'd be laughing that those mindless beasts seem to be wearing medical staff uniforms. But it's too real. I haven't seen a single other soul still in possession of their mind. This keeps up, I might just join them. I don't know how much longer I can go without *talking* to someone. *Seeing* someone. The bomb seemed to have fallen downtown. Right on top of that damned metal bean! At least I figure it did. That's where the center of the crater is. Either way, that eyesore is gone. Damned shame it had to take everything and everyone else with it. I'll head west starting tomorrow. There were caves just on the other side of the Mississippi, in Iowa. Maybe someone made it there. Maybe someone survived.
100 years! It's been 100 years since those bombs made me immortal. Hahaha.. I used to hate it so much. Horrified at first. Now? Now, I can be whomever I want! These smooth skins don't know a damned thing about the world before the war, except what I tell them. I could be Elvis. Not that they'd know who Elvis is. Damn it. But I could be! I could be the king of Asheland! Not that they'd know what a king was, either. Doesn't matter. They eat it all up. At least the ones who don't try to kill me. Those who go that angle find out how good you get at staying alive for a hundred *freakin'* years! You get real good, let me tell you. I guess I am telling you. And by "you", I mean me. You don't live that long without going a little crazy. But kings are allowed to be a little crazy.
200 years. Damn it. Kill me. I thought it was sooooooo great when I found other people still alive. Not anymore. No, sir. Stay the *fuck* away from me. Not one of these squishy meatsacks knows shit about shit. Oh, but boy do they all think they do. Some have started worshiping the bombs and their radiation! Worshiping it! It's a whole damned cult! Call themselves the 'Children of Atom'. One of them called me 'Touched by Atom'. Left him curled up on the ground, clutching his gut, after my fist "touched" him. Others now parade around inside restored war machines, stealing anything that even resembles technology, while claiming it's for our own good. Like we really are children. Thing is, between the rad worshiping yahoos and the tin cans, I can't tell who's dumber. All I do know is both want to keep us all in the second stone age here. Just one wants to nuke us all to Hell and back again, while the other wants to take away anything more complex than a flip lighter. Nah. I'm just going to head further west and see what Vegas is like these days. Hopefully people out that way are a bit more sane. Ha! Who'd have thought to put those two things together? Vegas and sanity. We'll see. We'll see who else that war left behind.
3 people liked this
Rich Ryan

thunderfoot1007

May 24 2021
Brought Forward

"You did what?" Lieutenant Commander Santos-Ruiz shouted.
"I'm sorry, Lieutenant Commander." said Daniels. "My orders allowed me to save one person from the crew of the Perth. One. You're it."
"But Captain Al-Rahni, or Lieutenant B'Rixxa, or, or Commander Smith. Jessie..." Rafe trailed off helplessly, eyes already spilling over with tears.

Jessie. The one person who could effortlessly slide through his defenses to touch the real Rafael Santos-Ruiz. The one he ruthlessly locked away deep inside. Who believed with all his heart Starfleet made a difference every single day. Jessie could make him laugh when he did not want to. She made Rafe think about things in a different, better way. Jessie. Who always, always made Rafe try harder to see, and to feel, what the other person saw and felt. Even when all Rafe wanted to do was scorn them for their apparent failings and lack of effort.

"Daniels? How did...does Jes..." Rafe couldn't finish this sentence either.
"Are you really sure you want to know? It will not affect the timeline. So I can tell you. But I would spare your feelings. If you let me. Please. Don't ask about this."

"No! I have to know! Jessie and I, we were going to get married next spring. I've been to Mississippi to meet her family. They, they would have become my family. Her parents. Her sisters. Her children. Now? All of that is gone! Taken from me by you! Not the Klingons. You tell me, Daniels! You look me in the eye as a man does and you tell me how my wife to be died!"

The urge to break something, or someone, rose in Rafe's mind. He wanted to rend, to burn. To kill everyone who murdered the one person who made Rafe feel. Made Rafe think thoughts which were not part of the darkness. Rafe and the darkness were old friends. Long acquainted. Rafe could see the darkness slowly eating him. One tiny piece at a time. Until Jessie came into Rafe's life. Jessie. Who always had a smile or a quick joke. Jessie. Who infused those around her with a positive energy. Rafe never had a chance. Jessie described herself once as a, 'warrior for the Light'. 

"We all go down in the dark in the end, Rafe. Me? I want to go down swinging! I want Entropy's friends to know it's been in a helluva fight. I want them to wonder if maybe this time Entropy could have lost. You're a good man, Rafe. The fire inside you wants to do the right thing. Which is why I love you so very much. But the fire's being smothered by the darkness and the pain. Dammit, boy! I can't help myself. All y'all broody types are my weakness."

"Daniels?"
"Very well. Commander Jessie Smith made it to an escape pod. Along with two other members of the Perth's crew. The pod ejected and was far enough away to avoid being consumed by the warp core breach. The pod was not far enough away to escape being flooded with radiation from the breach explosion. The shielding wasn't strong enough to prevent injury to the survivors. The medical supplies, the water, and the rations were badly damaged as well. After assessing the situation, Commander Smith hailed a nearby Klingon scout vessel to effect a rescue. The Klingons replied by laughing at Commander Smith. They told her it would be a waste of fuel and time. Commander Smith and the other two survivors discussed and then implemented a phaser overload. Which produced an explosion big enough to completely destroy the escape pod and all of its contents."

As Daniels spoke the horrifying words, Rafe dropped to his knees. Sobbing uncontrollably. The knowledge struck him a blow. Like that from a blacksmith's hammer onto a white hot piece of steel. A blow which irrevocably changed the metal. Forever. Jessie placed by cruel Fate into a situation she had no control over. With no way out. Until Jessie decided to end things the way she chose to. Which was really no choice at all.

It was a very long time Rafe sat there. Slumped over, the pattern in the deck plating pushing painfully into his knees. But that pain was nothing. Not like the thoughts racing through his head. Circling round and round. Like demons from the lowest depths of Hell sensing victory moving swiftly towards them. The thought of never seeing her again nearly drove him insane with grief. But only nearly. Rafe was changed forever by knowing how badly she died. Just as the steel was shaped into a blade by the blacksmith's relentless pounding. He knew he had to let go. Even though he wanted to join her. Jessie, and the promise of a better life, was ripped from his hands forever.

Rafe decided then and there no one else would ever feel this pain. No matter the cost to him or his sanity. It would be hard. Some days it would be beyond unendurable. Clang went the hammer as it beat down on Rafe's soul. Clang as it shaped an edge. Clang yet again as it forged his soul into a tool of terrible power. A blade of great purpose and promise. One Rafe would gladly shove to the hilt into Entropy's throat.

"Jessie? Today I have lost everything. I have no joy, no light, no love. You, my love, have lost too. Not just your life. But the man you wanted me to become. Without you, I cannot be that man. That man had a life ahead of him. Due to your love and joy. All I want now is to destroy the things which took you from me. Which is not what you wanted for me. I'm sorry to disappoint you this way. I wish I could avoid doing so. And it hurts to say these things to you. Saying this might be the hardest thing I will ever do. But your loss, as well as mine, means neither of us can ever care again. Good bye, my dearest Jessie. My light. My center. Forever."
4 people liked this
Edited June 15 2022 by thunderfoot1007
Adria Dies

Laneryl

May 25 2021
Captain’s Log, Stardate (apparently) 98799.12, Lieutenant Commander Adria Schneisse commanding.

Oh boy, where do I start? I woke up this morning, showered, ate breakfast, took over alpha watch, and received orders to watch for Klingon activity. We found some. It was 3 of them versus the Thunder Bay but we had it handled. All we had to do was keep the Klingons distracted until the remainder of our forces could warp out. Then we were to also disengage. Just when the final ship engaged its warp engines, a bright flash enveloped the ship and I guess I blacked out. When I awoke, I found myself in a strange room with moving holographic images on the walls surrounding me. I had never seen such resolution in holographics! A man came introduced himself as Daniels and told me in no uncertain terms that I and my crew were considered dead in his time. I asked him how and he said the battle he just rescued us from. But there wasn’t a battle, just me flying the Thunder Bay in big circles making threatening motions at the Klingons while the fleet made its escape. Daniels then told me one of the Klingons had beamed an explosive charge inside my warp core on one of my close passes. I didn’t realize I had gotten that close and my shields never dropped anyway. I told him that was impossible and to check his sensors again. He told me his agency isn’t in the habit of pulling people out of time without all the facts.

Out of time.

I asked him where and when I was and he told me he was dropping me in the early 25th century. He couldn’t tell me why at that point, just that my specific presence was vital in his timeline.

140 years. One hundred and forty freakin’ years!!! Everything I had ever worked for, everyone I loved, gone in an instant! Damn that Klingon! Damn Daniels! Why me?!? So much for working my way up to commanding a Connie; they plopped me in one and APOLOGIZED for not assigning me a better ship! This 25th century Constitution-class USS Parliament, NCC-1777 comes from my time… almost. According to her history, she was commissioned in 2290. She then spent the next 50 years ferrying diplomats from star system to star system, “proudly serving the Federation”. She never saw fighting and was never stressed. In 2340 she was placed into long-term storage. After the Dominion War ended in 2275, Parliament was reactivated and updated as much as possible. Today, 35 years later, Parliament serves as almost a shuttle role, similar to her first tour of duty, except Federation Space is a lot rougher now. Every battle she feels as out of time as I do.

I joined to be an explorer, not a soldier. This ship was designed to explore, not fight skirmishes.

I just want to go home. End log.
3 people liked this
Joshua Lee

JoystickJoshy

May 26 2021
The scream rang out, piercing the reverberating air. He had been caught. She had seen him just moments ago, but he had been caught. As the claws descended from the darkened sky, she knew that there was only one more. One final partner to depend on, or so she hoped. She continued carefully wrapping the bandages around her punctured waist, blood oozing through each layer as she tried to stem the flow. It was as hopeless a task, she thought, as that which stood in the way of her escape. The gates were still closed and, last she had checked, there was still not enough power to open them.

She knew there was still one more. She felt his presence burning into her vision as if he were right there. He was working, trying to quietly evade the encroaching terror that threatened them both. Not long ago, they had been planning to rescue the others. A fruitless task, that ended in despair. Regardless, he was capable, focused, and aware. Perhaps they would get out of here after all.

The enchanting, unholy, unsettling melody flooded her mind. As she crept towards the broken machine, she did everything she could to focus on her task. Connect a wire here, pull that lever there. It was an easy task, and yet here, it took effort just to breathe. The heartbeat started again. Not hers, but another’s. Abandoning her task and creeping away, she knew hiding was the only safe thing to do. Her desperation to escape needed to be tempered with purposeful caution.

A hatchet flew through the air, close enough for her to hear the whistle of the blade as it sliced the sky. Had she been seen? She had been so careful, after all. No, it must have been an attempt to bait her into action. She would hold still until the terror had passed. It worked. The heartbeat faded, then the song. It was safe to return to work.

Safe for her, at least, as she suddenly sensed, through the fog and the oppressive buildings standing amongst them, that he had been hurt. A cry rang out. She tried her best to ignore it and continue working, but it was still disquieting. Somewhere, he was being hunted. The adrenaline would pump, feet would run, both hearts pounding in a vile rhythm. But there was no scream. No sounds of struggle and no horrid feeling that something wicked had happened.

And then, that sound. The warm, shrill blare of a siren, announcing their work was complete. It was time to down tools and head home, after a hard day’s work. She knew where to go. She could see her partner heading there. But she could hear the melody. It crept up on them, as her ally began to open the gate, tearing down that final barrier to freedom. She was feeling stronger, and he had managed to patch his wounds for the moment. But the song grew louder. They were almost out of time. The heartbeat started again, growing loud, more ominous, more disturbing. The horror had arrived. The loud clanging of metal heralded the opening of the escape.

But it was too late. As the gate came to a rest, she looked down at her stomach. A hatchet, rusty and jagged, was lodged in her side. She hadn’t even had time to react, and she fell to the ground, writhing in pain. Her partner hadn’t been seen; he was hiding behind a wall nearby. She was hoisted from the ground, and in the midst of this movement, she saw him peek round from his safe place, a brief glance as she was draped over the horror’s shoulders. This wasn’t the end, there was still a chance. As she was lifted high, she couldn’t help but hold her breath as she was hung, hopelessly and gruesomely, on the hook, which had been blackened by countless drops of blood over time.

She saw her saviour emerge from his hiding spot. Her eyes grew wide, and a smile almost crossed her face as he began to move towards her. He stopped. Why had he stopped? She could still be saved and he was the only one that would be able to do it. And then, all hope vanished. He had turned away. Turned his back on her, and ran. He ran away. He ran away from her. The pit of her stomach lurched and her head became light. This was it. He had left her. He wasn’t her partner, he was her deserter.

Blood dripped.

Moans of anguish.

The agonising pain of betrayal.

Then, nothing.

#WritingContest

3 people liked this
Edited May 26 2021 by JoystickJoshy
JohnPaul Cupertino

Vriess

May 30 2021
"Look, you need to move NOW." The grizzled army veteran yelled to the confused individual on the ground.
Dazed, confused, the man in his 30's looked around and saw he was sprawled on a gallows. Two nooses hung ominously above him but the most terrifying thing was a meathook (why is there a meathook) on a platform freshly coated in blood. Chills ran down his spine, causing his shoulder to ache.
"Christ, give me a second to get my bearings."

"You don't have a -"

A loud "DONG DONG DONG" rang out from somewhere nearby and a scream that seemed to be as dry as the dusty air itself could be heard.
The older man helped the bespectacled man to his feet and urged him to move forward. Every step made the entire left side of the younger man radiate with pain. The older man took note of this.

"I'll fix you up when we get somewhere safe....well..safer anyway"

Grateful for the help but overwhelmed by his (it smells so) senses, he moved.
When the pair came upon a saloon (no this can't be right) they dove behind the bar and the haze began to give way to something resembling understanding. Terror took away any kind of rationalization and replaced it with (it won't open but i left) strange acceptance to this unusual world.

"Stand still, kid."

"Kid?! I'm Loot-(no I don't belong here)"

The man procured a bandage and some salve from a rusty (ancient) box with a cross on it. He crouched and began to work on the younger bloodied man, patching up the dramatic hole in his shoulder (wounds but safety) and mused as he did.

"Alright, yeah you got a bit of a shock. Can't blame ya. Ok Guy, *grunts* there's a thing out there (but they are) and it wants us dead, we gotta get-"

The younger man cried out as the veteran's hand slips, roughly shoving his apparently fresh shoulder wound."MOVE!"
The two run as they hear a very close "DONG DONG" behind them somewhere (outside).

"Don't look back, kid just keep running, I'll try and run him off!"

He looked back.

Out of a shimmer, a...thing emerged. (not mine) It was horribly scarred and disfigured. It carried an ancient bell in one hand and a (but the war is over) club that seemed to be made of bone in the other. It's eyes glowed brightly blue. (no one escapes death)

The older man vaulted noisily through a window (but I tried) and screamed, hoping to capture the attention of the thing.(but it isn't mine)
The malevolent thing grunted with a horrible chuffing noise, something out of a nightmare, alive yet undead, and lunged at the window, stepping through it, resuming (it won't stop) it's chase with the older man.

The younger man gasped for air, looking ahead and tripping over some deadwood on the ground, littering the path between buildings in this arid twilight world (time is wrong)

The deadwood dressed in a soccer jersey moved in pain and cried out (she did) at this intrusion,
“Please….help me…”

She was clearly younger than him, probably in her mid 20’s...but dressed (incorrectly) in fashion he didn’t quite understand. While not quite dead(wood) this person was clearly on death's door (if it would open for me) 

“I’m sorry I don’t know...I don’t know how!” (dear god her face is her face) he cried at her but he knew he had to. He tried to pick her up and after a few seconds, clumsily, he got her to her feet. “Thank you” she whispered (she couldn’t whisper though open the door why won’t it open) and prompted him to try to help with her wounds as the grizzled thing-chased man screamed out in agony (they always do) somewhere far away.

“I can’t. I…” (I always do butopenthedoor now) He stood up, and ran. He figured there must be a door somewhere. The door will lead to his freedom, he knew somehow. It was starting to come back to him. The trials (the trials never end), the campfire. But no (not yours) what came before this?

Exhausted he took a breath near a propped up pallet. If only he didn’t leave her behind. His daughter. He wouldn’t have needed to escape, it all came rushing back like waves of grief. He knew her face but it was blackened. (explosions)

He realized that he couldn’t go back for the young woman he tripped over, (
she’s not real but she wasiswas) nor the old man screaming in agony, no doubt on one of those damned hooks (i never would have left). He had to keep searching for the door. There was no past now. Only the now (now then) and the truth. His daughter’s face a void microcosm of empty (the door hast to respond it hast to why doesn’t it) pain and suffering. (left behind aloneyouleft)

The earth shuddered. A low groan, a booming sound and there were no more screams. 
DONG DONG DONG DONG

He felt the thing (ididn’tmakeit) closing in on him as he attempted to find an escape (it won’t respond why) along the wall. His hands came upon a power box of sorts, desperately he flipped the switch. The shimmer charged closer. The door opened (but I didn’t call for it) and as the man fell through the doorway, he felt his back rip open with that jagged tool (her facewhyherface) and it was a cold, wet sensation. More cold and sudden than he could have expected an impossible to imagine situation to be. (but I didn’t call for the arch I can’t have the arch why is the )
---------

“Any luck this time Elim?”

“Well as you can see, my excellency, Lieutenant Vriess’ spirit has broken. His abandonment of his daughter on Terok Nor has caused a psychic break. Each time we send him back to the campfire, he forgets a little more of who he is...well...was. The technique is astounding in the ability to erase the deeper synapses and leave only the most painful residual emotions when they think they are in control.”

“What do you mean ‘In Control’? Why have you not simply executed this traitor to the alliance?”

“Ah! Yes, Regent, his mind deals with the intense suffering he is experiencing by confusing the now with the holodeck programs he designed long ago. Ones of a camping experience. I just...tweaked those memories and let him think he is in a simulation.”

“But he is.”

“Yes, precisely! But not his own, the illusion of control, combined with his abandonment of his daughter, his deepest regret, he left her behind you know, back when Their Sisko was here and she was nothing more than collateral damage when the rebels tried to take the station. He abandoned ship when the battle began. Left her when things got tough.”

“Bah! What is your point? He is a craven coward”

“Have you not heard? They have a cloaking device we could...acquire and turn the tide. Imagine putting one of the rebels in this simulator…having their darkest fears prey upon them, making them utterly useless after giving us all the information we need, or maybe reprogrammed to unpredictable violent insanity. Letting them return a husk. They always come for their people, this will be their downfall. Eventually the fear would be contagious. The rebels would learn to fear the unknown agony of existential unrelenting terror that we promise them. A fate worse than death would keep the rebel ranks few and far between.”

“You may have proven yourself useful, Cardassian, the rebels will know us as fear, and in that we will destroy their hearts.”
3 people liked this
Edited May 30 2021 by Vriess
Jack Brind'Amour

JirPlays

May 30 2021
As night fell in the city of Talis, provincial capital of Yirness, the northern province of the Senate protectorate of Eniripsa, the star ‘Eisn’ known as Romulus to outsiders still pulsed. Her heartbeat was pulsating at a higher rate, some Rihanssu, like Nveidra reported to the medical departments that they felt ill. 

It was theorized that it had to do with the extra radiation coming from the star. The Empire had suspended all activities and put the fleet on standby should the need arise for the evacuation of Romulus and Remus, the last two colonies in the solar system to be evacuated. All remaining colonies had already been evacuated and destroyed, however, there was quite a commotion on where the remainder of the population would go in the Senate. 

Many of the outlying worlds were refusing the refugee’s already and Starfleet was not welcoming any, there were little to no places to go. Yirness and many of the Northern Provinces were directed to the colony world of Vrinat. 

As she began to close her eyes and rest, the Klaxons surrounded her. She sat straight up in her bed, steadying herself by placing her hand down. There was a message that appeared on her military station in her private room. ‘Please Stand By for Orders…’

She could hear her civilian housemates, her brother and his wife summoning her, 

“Nveidra you must wake! Get up and meet us downstairs.” her brother said. 

She quickly slapped on her uniform, she was a bit dizzy, as memories suddenly came flooding back…

“No! Not now!” she cried. Steadying herself she fought against her pre-Borg memories and went to join her brother downstairs. 

“I repeat, report to your evacuation shuttles and listen to the Military personnel there. You are to only take the necessary.” The Senator said on the Communication device. 

“You heard him, let us leave.” her brother said. 

“I can’t, I have to follow my orders.” she said as her implants became more active and itched. 

“But I am not losing you… Not again!” he protested.

“You will not. We will be together on Virinat. I am stationed there. Just now, I have to confirm my orders. Go, I will be behind you.” She looked at his wife. Her brother had to be left behind when she was assimilated as a child. Unfortunately their parents did not survive the un-assimilation process, they were too feeble. 

“No!” he protested, the final time. Her eyes glowed green, and her voice changed, it was like a switch went off,

“You WILL comply.” She replied.

“Not all of us have that ability, dear sister, to turn into an emotionless robot. The switch goes off and you expect us all to follow suit like one of your drones. News to you I will comply, but know, this will be the last time I wait for you.” he said suddenly. 

She had used the ‘comply’ line one too many times. Before she could say anything, she a bright light started to envelop the planet, it was too late and she was transported… 

“Where is he? Where is my brother?” She cried, reaching out when she appeared.

“M’am?” questioned the enlisted officer.

“The people I was talking too, transport them now!” She ordered.

“Stand down Nveidra.” A cold voice came from the doorway.

“You don’t understand, they are all I have.” she began to cry.

“Now you can focus.” he said...
3 people liked this
Austin  Rockford

Gladiatorpope

June 07 2021
I woke up gasping for air and soaking wet. Four of the cadets in my class that I considered my closest friends were laughing like hyenas and either rolling on the floor or trying to brace themselves on furniture. They had poured ice water on me to wake me and while they think I won’t retaliate; they are very wrong. 

“The Captain said we should see how well you would do with a rough wake up call.” A human male said as he laughed and spoke breathlessly. His name is Talon and I’d consider him my true love but I doubt he’d feel the same.

I dried my hair and finished packing for our final survival mission before graduation from the academy. They had us do these pretty simple missions every year and they weren’t really challenging but more team building. We were the last group to be shipped off and we got really nice planet randomly chosen for us by one of the admirals. 

The four of us got our briefing and strapped in and headed for the planet. We laughed and talked about ships we wanted to work on and ones we didn’t and I was listening attentively. I received a message from Vulcan High Command about my Kolinahr but I hadn’t decided because I enjoy the emotions and feelings I have with my friends and colleagues so I ignore it like before. We have our dinner rations and Anastasia our only Andorian class mate goes to bed, and Rufus our telepathic Betazoid follows behind her giving us the helm of the roundabout so they can get some rest.

Talon and I get comfy in our seats as we plan to finish out the ride to the planet, but I feel a slight burning in my ears and look in the corner of my eyes to see him fidgeting.

“Is something wrong? I’ve never seen you so shaky.” I said as I fully turned to him and could tell he was freaking out a little more than I first thought. This wasn’t our first mission so I knew it wasn’t that.

“I, um I think I have feelings for you, Gladiator. I can’t stop thinking about you and I already talked to the assignment officer about putting us together because I don’t want to lose you.” Talon said as he tried to relax. 

“I have really strong feelings for you, Talon and I have for a long time but-“ I couldn’t finish because as soon as I turned he kissed me deeply and I could feel every emotion especially pleasure. I tried my hardest to calm myself but apart of me didn’t want to stop until we came out of warp at the planet and the door to the living quarters opened. Rufus came through the door with a smile of someone knew exactly what they were walking into and Anastasia was behind him with all of our stuff in her hands. 

“Are you two gonna land us or do we need to do it for you?” Anastasia said snarky like and sat at one of the consoles. I regained my composure and took us down in clearing of an unknown forest and opened the door. Anastasia was the first one out the door with her tricorder scanning everything possible. Rufus came out with his taking scans of plants more than anything as he wanted to discover something brand new.

Talon has all his engineering gear along with replicator so I wouldn’t have to eat field rations. I came out with two of our rifles and some simple tactical gear when Anastasia yelled for us so we ran quickly wondering what it was. The 3 of us ran up on her and she was standing in the mouth of a massive cave. 

“The tricorder goes crazy if I point it here so I think we should take a look.” Anastasia says as she points it deep into the cave and it beeps.
“I don’t see why we shouldn’t take a look; maybe it will make good shelter.” I say as I come up to the front beside her and we start making our way through with flashlights. Our tricorders were reading all kinds things. The walls were different colors and textures; we knew we had stumbled onto something new but we weren’t sure what it was because the tricorders told us very little.

After walking for what felt like forever, we finally saw a light at the end of the cave. We finally got to the end of the cave where the light came from and once we walked through we were inside a massive forest with beautiful grass, tall trees, and a waterfall into a river. Rufus turned on his medical tricorder to try to find any life sign that couldn’t be picked up with a normal tricorder, but it didn’t go off until he pointed it at the wall and then it stopped as if it was just a glitch.

“No signs of life of any kind.” Said Rufus as he yawned and put his stuff down.
I looked at my watch seeing it was late and suddenly felt the exhaustion run over means I said to them. “We should probably rest, we can explore later.” 
They all agreed and we formed a circle with our tents and set sentries around us just for precaution.

We had lights for our camp site so we could see where we walked. As I started to falls asleep; the sound of footsteps startled me awake as if I was falling. My tent unlatched and Talon came in quietly with his flashlight shining where he was going. I turned on my lamp to see what he was doing and as soon as I did he was sitting right beside me. My heart started to race and my ears got hot. I’ve been able to keep composure since I was baby; but after our moment in the shuttle a complete shock as went through my system and I can’t help but give in to the emotions I can feel.

He was in his night clothes and he seemed to have a question on the tip of his tongue. 
“I was wondering if you would like to finish what we started in the shuttle? If you don’t want to-“ He tried to finish but I pounced on him before he could and I start to finally give into my feelings for him.
“I’d love to but only if we both get to be bottom.” I said as I rubbed his chest and I start to kiss him deeply. I started taking his clothes off slowly and sensually. 
“Of course, it’s only fair.” He said between kisses and we fell into a deeply passionate love making spree that would have woken everyone up if not for the noise dampeners. We finally fell asleep after having satisfying each other until complete exhaustion.

Talon and I were awaken by a knock on our tent and inside it we could tell sun was shining in the cave we settled in. When we got out of the tent everything in the cave had changed like the trees and plants. Yesterday it was a basic forest environment but now it seems it’s copying the Mycelial Network. Everyone seemed stunned by its beauty; but I couldn’t help but to feel something was wrong.
“I want this whole place scanned and explored. I want to find out what’s going on.” I said as I got my rifle, tricorder, and comm badge.

Anastasia and I went into the Mycelial like path while Rufus and Talon headed the forest way that started to reappear. Anastasia seemed worried as we walked and just as I was about to say something two giant Tardigrades that seemed to be rabid and angry. We started to run for our lives as they charged for us. We tried to scan them the best we could but they just came up as Tardigrades. I quickly dove behind a boulder and shot a charged bolt at one of them and just as I did Anastasia fell and the other was about to get her but turned in time to stun the Tardigrade and get it to chase me. I ran away as fast as I could and charged it as fast as I could. I got some distance and turned around landing on my stomach and shot a charged bolt killing it dead. 

I ran back to Anastasia as she was bandaging some scrapes and cuts.
“You alright?” I ask as I help pick some of the stuff she dropped.
“I’ll be fine, nothings broken.” She said getting up slowly.
I checked her rifle as we walked over to a pond of some glowing substance but before Anastasia could get a sample Rufus came over the comm badge. 
“We need help quick.” Rufus said frantically. 
“We’re on our way.” I said and we walk towards them as fast as we could even being slightly hurt 

We finally got to Rufus but he only one we could see and it wasn’t until we got around a huge multi colored boulder did we see Talon who was trapped under almost completely. 
Anastasia asked Rufus nervously. “W-what happened?” 
“We were scanning this area and as we were about to move on this rock or whatever it is flew at us with crazy speed and I barely missed it.” He said shaken and scared. 
“I-I wasn’t very lucky.” Talon said breathlessly as he tried to move unsuccessfully
“Can we get it off or something?” I asked 
Anastasia started scanning it on every level. 
“I’m not sure, it barely registers it’s there.” She said.
“You can’t touch it either or it’ll shock you enough to put you on the floor.” Rufus said as he showed his slightly burnt hands from trying to move it.

I made the suggestion to use our rifles to destroy it, so we aimed at and had them charged as high as possible and on my command we blasted it. Talon screamed the most blood curdling scream that would frighten anybody. 
“S-STOP oh god please stop!!!” He yelled and pleaded with us.
We stopped and I could feel my emotions swell up and for the first time be on the verge of tears.
Anastasia scanned Talon and the boulder and saw that all the energy from the rifles made the  boulder heavier and was making him bleed internally. I came up an idea to try and beam him out, so I sent them to get the roundabout while I laid down beside Talon to comfort him. I turned on my comm badge so they could track us easier.

“I-I guess I should’ve t-told you how I felt before yesterday. I w-was just never sure about how you would feel.” Talon said trying to keep conscious and tears were starting to run down his face. I could tell that the boulder was draining him but was also some how fusing him into it.
“I should have been the one to say it first but I figured you wouldn’t want to stay with a Vulcan or that you were even gay.” I said choking up a little. 
“Maybe we say it was both our faults.” He giggled a bit and he looked up and watched as the shuttle floated above.

We started try beaming him out of it and then the boulder and even moving the boulder itself but it wouldn’t budge. We tried everything we knew we could and even tried new stuff until Talon called us down to him.
“I-it’s time to l-let me go. Leave this place and leave me behind, and tell Starfleet to never come here again. I love you all especially you Gladiator.” Talon said and he disappeared into the boulder. 

We all got back into the roundabout and I plotted course back to Earth Spacedock while Rufus and Anastasia cried in the bunks while I tried to mediate. I’ve never really felt sadness this great and even though everything I’ve been taught should help, but it doesn’t and I just can’t get past it. Anastasia relieves me from the helm so I can get some rest but I decide to stay in my seat and sleep there until we get there and for the first time I feel the wet streak of a tears run down my face.

We finally got to Spacedock and we were interviewed by almost every Admiral and instructor in the sector. Once we were finally done we wrote our reports and were assigned counselors to help us through our friends’ death but it never really felt like it helped. Starfleet put a restriction on the planet we went to and they send survey teams to figure out exactly what is going on. The three of us drifted away pretty fast due to the trauma we suffered but we still congratulated each other when we graduated. 

We had a week off before final exams so I finally decided to complete the Kolinahr to which I finished and purged myself of all emotion. I was no longer hurting or sad but I could still feel the love I had for what I consider my mate that I left behind. When I got back from P’jem I was able to concentrate a lot more  and not be distracted by my emotions that had effected me after what happened. I also met some other classmates; one of which was Elisa Flores who was about the only person who didn’t want to talk about it all the time so I appreciated her presence. I passed all my exams with flying colors but didn’t get to do my ground training but I can do that after graduation. Other Cadets said Captain Taggart is wanting some cadets on his bridge but we won’t know until later on during graduation day.

That day my decision to purge my emotions was made. My friendship with Rufus and Anastasia was left behind that day, and the love of my life was left behind on the day. I will do my absolute best to make sure nobody in my command will be left behind again.
3 people liked this
Chris Moore

Meragast

June 10 2021
#WritingContest 

Together Forever.

“Just breathe..”
Adamis thought to himself as he slowly piloted his shuttle towards the Borg cube now in orbit around the planet of Brunali.

“No going back now. Computer beam me to the cube on my mark.”

Energize…..

“Ok open your eyes on the count of three” Adamis said elated.

Kelin slowly opened his eyes to see his Husband holding a rose. Layed out in front of him, was a picnic of all his favorite things, right down to the Tera nut souffle  he absolutely adored.

“Aw, Babe you shouldn't have” Kelin said smiling ear to ear. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have found his other half, the person he knew he would grow old with.

“Hey I think after being married a decade the least I could do was make sure I got the souffle right., especially after what happened the first time I attempted to replicate it.”   Adamis said laughing.

“Oh! Speaking of the replicator I almost forgot! I”ll be right back just gotta grab something out of the shuttle.” Adamis jogged back the short distance to the shuttle craft as his husband smiled watching him fade in the distance.

“Ok let me just grab..”

Adamis’ thought was interrupted by an explosion that shook the entire planet.

His next thought was “Kelin.”

He darted from the shuttle running back to where he left his husband. As he ran over the last hill his heart dropped.

BORG.

The last sight Kelin saw was Adamis with panic and fear in his face as he frantically ran towards him.

“ADAMIS RUN! I LOVE Y…..” A  Green dematerialzation field  surrounded Kelin as he was held by two Borg drones and beamed aboard a Borg cube orbiting the planet.

Adamis dropped to his knees in agony seeing Kelin there one second and then just gone..

“No, this can’t… they can’t.. I don’t accept this… there has to be…”  his mind was racing he knew what was going to happen next to Kelin,   but he made a vow and he wasn’t going to lose Kelin without a fight.

“Good, they don’t consider me a threat.”

Adamis walked slowly through the cube carefully following the coordinates in his tricorder which thanks to the tetryon particals in the atmosphere , was not an easy task. 
Luckly Kelin was the only Antarian aboard the vessel besides himself.

“Just a little further… and then its a quick grab and transport” Adamis thought trying to calm his anxiety, while also blocking out what he knew was inevitable.

He  creeped around the corner and then he saw him.

Kelin was in a Borg alcove unconscious. His left eye was no longer his own but instead a Borg implant.

“Kelin!, Babe I need you wake up.” Adamis said as he ripped the wiring that held Kelin firmly in the alcove. He injected Kelin with a neurotransmitter and his eye shot open in shock and horror.

“Ada.. it hur.. I can hear them.. so many voices… Kill me please” Adamis looked down at Kelvin, tears streaming down his face. The assimilation process had already started.  He could see the nanoprobes were doing their job as Kelin’s skin was already mottling turning    him    into a lifeless pale husk of his former self.

“It’s ok baby. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere, just listen to my voice”  he wouldn’t leave Kelin, there maybe a thousand voices   and thoughts in the collective, but he would find Kelin among them.

Adamis raised his phaser and fired at the nearest Borg alcove. A Borg disconnected from the alcove slowly making his way towards him.  He stood as the Borg extended his arm injecting nanoprobes into his bloodstream through his neck. He fell in pain grabbing Kelin in his arms.

“Together forever right?” it took all his strength to hold Kelin through the pain. But hold him he did, as slowly the voices of the collective overtook him and his thoughts faded to darkness.

___________________________________________________________________________________

4 people liked this

Lexxisriennnl

June 18 2021
Great stories, guys. I've enjoyed reading them. Thanks a lot.
Unknown Person liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

June 20 2021
#WritingContest

Left Behind
A short story by Zander Hawk

I remember when I first arrived at Outpost Recuerdo.  I had joined the Federation Bureau of Administration as an accountant, specializing in ensuring that requisitions for non-Federation currencies were completed in a timely manner.

I loved my job, there was always a certainty about numbers that I enjoyed.  I remember working with Jill in Purchasing, she was great.   Peter in Fiscal was always very thoughtful.  Miranda in Accounting had an infectious laugh, she was a riot.

We would have wild potlucks every month until the new managers took over - I guess they didn’t like food much.

I would go by Jill’s desk often and talk about work stuff.  We did this for many years until she got promoted.  She left to some other outpost near the Beta Magellan system.

I loved strolling through the halls of the building, and especially gazing out the main window that looked out into space.  Pete’s desk was only a few steps away.  I would always drop by his desk and we would chat about the joys of life, it was our routine for the longest time until he passed away.  

I would always rely on Miranda as the comedic relief of the office.  We would often joke about being in one of those old 21st Century sitcoms.  We did that for the longest time until she decided to retire.  I tried keeping in touch with everyone, but life happens and everyone eventually moves on.

Work was like home until it wasn’t.  Eventually everyone I knew was replaced and the new people were very different, they were very focused on their own interests.  I quickly became the old guy in the corner desk.  I was either ignored or forgotten…I could never figure out which one.  I guess I just wasn’t relevant anymore.  I felt discarded.  Everyone I knew moved on except me.

On my last day years later, it was time for me to leave everything behind and so I finally went home.  

I said goodbye to my favorite window, I closed my eyes and I left the building.

I exhaled.

I was transported through the stars at warp speeds until I got home.  

I opened the door and there to my joy and surprise I saw Jill, Peter, and Miranda with open arms.

I guess I finally caught up with them in the end…

June 24 2021
Breaking Point: A Star Trek Story

Commander Bridger awakens with a deep breath and looks around frantically. Sparks from nearby consoles were lighting up the usually blackened bridge. Stammering his speech, he calls out “X…XO! Damage report!” Lieutenant Commander Amy Padilla, fully conscious but stunned and sitting against the turbolift door repeats to herself, mouthing the words “We never saw them coming! They came out of nowhere.” Bridger walks stumbles over to her and looks in her face and yells once more, fearing that she had hearing damage. “Damage report!” Amy just keeps repeating the same thing to herself repeatedly “We never saw them coming! They came out of nowhere.” Jack, calm this time tries to talk to Amy once more “Amy…hey Amy.” And touches her shoulder “What happened?” Amy snaps out of her stunned state and looked Jack in the eyes “The Tal Shiar uncloaked an attacked us. They came out of nowhere.” Jack stands up and extends his hand for Amy to grab it. Amy grabs his hand and Jack pulls her to her feet. “Doc? Are you here?” The ship’s doctor runs to them both and gave Amy a scan. “A few superficial wounds. She’s a little shaken up but nothing too serious. She’ll be fine sir.” Jack nods and looks at Amy “I need you to take a second and gather yourself.” Amy nods and paces for a second. “Captain,” says Amy “we have to be prepared for them to attack again.” Jack nods and yells “Helm! Where are we on shields and weapons?” The pilot yells back “Shields are holding at fifteen percent! We are out of torpedoes, but we still have fore and aft phasers.” “Very well! Get ready for another attack” replies Bridger. “Aye Captain!” confirms the pilot.
Bridger orders, “Comms, call for backup. I don’t care if you need to get the flagship down here. We need help…NOW!” “Aye Captain” replies the comms station. “Everyone listen up!” Bridger commanded “The situation is dire. We are losing life support. The call has been put out for backup and if the Tal Shiar comes back, we must be ready. Everyone will head over to the armory in teams of four. We don’t know if we will be boarded. Life support is minimal at best, and we are crippled. We have minimal weapons and shields are almost gone. But as always, we WILL make this work. And if we go down, we’re going to drag these bastards down to hell with us. So, get ready. Get your gear. And get back to your station immediately. Key stations go first. Support stations will go last. Now move as if your life depended on it!” 
An hour passes and everyone is back to their stations fully armed. “Helm, status report.” One of the pilots shouts back toward the captain’s chair “I read three ships. Headed this way. They’re powering up weapons. They don’t look friendly.” Bridger gets up from the captain’s chair and moves toward the viewscreen. Watching the ships approach. “Standard protocol first. Hail them.” The pilot presses a few buttons and there is an error noise. “They are not responding, sir.” Bridger nods angrily “Open a channel to the lead ship.” The pilot presses a bunch of buttons again and the console registers yet another error. “No luck, sir.” Bridger faces toward the security station “Shield and weapons status?” “Shields are at maximum and weapons are powered up.” replies the console operator. Bridger responds with a soft growl. “If it’s a fight they want, then it’s a fight they’ll get.” “Wait Captain! I’m reading another ship. It’s the Odin!” Bridger laughs and puts his face in his hands for a quick second. “Helm,” he barks laughing, contact the Odin and fill them in. These dudes should’ve known who they were messing with.” Captain Nelson pops onto the Fenrir’s viewscreen. “Jack! What have you done this time?” Nelson asks with a smile. “Not much sir. Just getting into a bit of trouble is all. You know us.” Nelson laughs with a reply. “I do know you. I taught you. Hold tight Fenrir. We got you.” The viewscreen goes blank and Odin unleashes hell with phasers and torpedoes, taking out all but one of the enemy ships. The Odin’s transmission can be heard over the secure channel “Take a message back to your leaders. ‘If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.’ Now get the hell away from here before I board you. An believe me when I tell you: that won’t be enjoyable.” Nobody died that day, and the USS Fenrir was alone in the void. No one will forget today, and this fleet will be stronger for it. Commander Jack Bridger was awarded the Starfleet Medal of Valor for his actions and was offered the rank of Captain. Bridger turned the rank down but told his superiors he’ll keep the consideration for the rank of Captain open in case he is inclined to command his own fleet one day.
2 people liked this
Ted Hembach

TLara

June 25 2021
Personal Log, 88791.09
Today my counselour suggested to accelerate my rehabilitation by keeping a personal logfile. So, here we are. What to say? Should I say I'm sorry about being killed and revived by the borg, and then killed and revived by the Federation again? I'm not sorry at all, I'm happy to feel anyhow. Life, sense, emotion and individuality, dancing, not to speak of nutrition, all great, there's much to discover.

Personal Log, 89316.53
I don't like operations. The doctors of Starfleet Medical said, I have to undergo seven minor and three major surgeries, until they are able to restore my normal lifefunctions. They also said my cranium implantation is not removeable, by doing so immediate death will occur.

Personal Log, 89317.12 Supplement
There is a small chance that my cranium implantation will function properly if reactivated. This would mean I would be able to access any computer within a quarter lightyear through my subspace communication node, which they are also not capable of removing.

Personal Log, 90492.64
I was handed my service record today. It says my name is Walther Schmidt, born in New Berlin on Earth' moon. My rank in Starfleet was Lt. Commander, my mission profile states that I was assigned to Planitia Utopia as tactical security under command of Commander Ted Hembach. My current status according to my service record is "missing in action", my last assignment was tactical support on a deep space testflight.

Personal Log, 90786.42
Nothing is known about the circumstances leading to my assimilation through the borg collective. The corpse of myself was found incapacitated in the debris of Wolf 359 as Starfleet began building a monument there. It seems I've been floating around there for 39 years.

Personal Log, 91015.17
Today I enlisted at Starfleet Academy, again. Since I am half a machine myself, I should be able to become an excellent engineer. I decided to keep my designation Five of Five.

#WritingContest
2 people liked this
Joseph Wayt

Josephwayt

June 28 2021
#WritingContest 

Lost By Joseph Wayt (Captain Milo)

Captain Milo Thomayt Personal Log.
The U.S.S Dunedin has been away from home for the last three months on a mapping assignment at the far reaches of the Alpha Quadrant, My husband Tobias Pascal also a captain on board the U.S.S Capricorn has been away 12 days on a Starfleet mission into the Badlands in search of a particular Marqui ship which has wreaked havoc over the last few months.  His last communication before entering the Badlands and before an enforced communication blackout, he told me he had been given permission by Starfleet command to use whatever force was necessary to stop this particular Marqui crew, I knew from his voice that he knew this was going to be both a difficult as well as dangerous mission but as Starfleet officers we had to perform our duty.

Being part for so long had been difficult and that had only been heightened since last hearing from Tobias.  As the days past by I couldn’t help but worry of what might be happening, I know Tobias was a competent captain and he would be careful but I also knew in my heart that any mission into the Badlands was crammed with danger and more importantly unpredictability.  All I could do was to turn my attention to completing my own mission and to head back home.
We had just experienced what could only be described as a barrage of technical difficulties with the ship which had exhausted both myself and my engineering team when I received a message from Starfleet.  It was a message that every family member fears of receiving, a distress call had been picked up and been relayed to Starfleet by a klingon crew operating at the perimeter of the Badlands.  It was from the Capricorn.

An initial search by Starfleet had been unsuccessful but as a result of a deteriorating situation in the sector Starfleet had called of the search and had declared the U.S.S Capricorn lost.

My heart sank – I was distraught as well as angry, I couldn’t comprehend why Starfleet had given up so soon.  What could I do, I couldn’t abandon Tobias, I need to find out what had happened and if he was still alive.  I then decided that I must get to the Badlands as soon as possible, I ordered my crew to set course warp 8.
The journey was agonising, my head was full of different scenarios of what could have happened.  I knew Starfleet would be displeased to say the least added to which I had gone to silent running but Tobias was my heart and soul I couldn’t not do something.

Three weeks had past and the ship was on high alert, we just entered the Badlands, after a day we picked up a faint signal from one of the U.S.S Capricorn’s emergency beacons.  I couldn’t fathom why Starfleet hadn’t picked this up or why they abandon the search so soon, that will be something I will purse with them vigorously on my return into federation space but for now I was only concerned to find and return Tobias and his crew home.
We carried on searching for two days when our sensors picked up some debris.  It was put on the view screen when my scientific officer said the words I feared so much.
 ‘’ Captain it’s the Capricorn’’
I stared there frozen in time for the next ten minutes I heard nothing of what was being said not until my first officer laid his hand on my shoulder and I heard him say we can’t ascertain if they had managed to get to their escape pods but we must stay confident that they did and we should begin a search for them.

But I knew in my heart I had lost my Husband, soul mate and my world, I fell to my knees in pain and anguish.  I will never be whole again.

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

July 01 2021

CONTEST CLOSED!

Thank you to everyone for your entries!  The contest is now closed and no more entries are being accepted.  We're really looking forward to reading all of your terrific entries over this coming weekend, after which, we'll announce the winners of Stonewall's "Left Behind" writing contest!

Edited July 01 2021 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Writing Contest: Left Behind Results Posted!

July 11 2021

CONTEST RESULTS POSTED!

At long last, our panel of three judges have each individually read and scored every amazing entry for creativity, detail and impact, averaging the Judge's opinions to arrive at our top three entries!  The Judge's opinions were surprisingly very varied, so our final standings represent a diverse perspective.  All the story submissions were amazing and are a great read - I deeply thank everyone who took the time to enter.  Everyone's Stonewall Credit accounts will be updated with their rewards shortly, for saving or spending in our Stonewall Credits Store.  We've put together a page to honor every talent that was submitted and we hope you'll take the time to read each of these great entries!

Edited July 11 2021 by Voleron