Another Stonewall Gaming #WritingContest is upon us and we're excited to announce the theme of our first writing contest of 2021: "Left Behind"
Running now through June 30th, 2021, we're inviting all members of SGN to submit a story of their in-game character from their favorite game, whether it be Star Trek Online, Dead by Daylight, Valheim, Fortnite, Overwatch or any other, but we want you to incorporate the theme of the contest into your story! Might you have chosen to sacrifice yourself to save others? Maybe you were betrayed and left to be forgotten? In any event, we want you to tug at our heart strings so hard that we can't help but sob uncontrollably in the tub as we read your entries!
We'll share every submission with the entire community for them to enjoy, but we'll also be looking for the top three entries that excel in three criteria that we'll detail below. This contest is open to all members of the Stonewall community, regardless of which games you play. We're so very eager for you, Stonewall's amazing writing talents, to once again share your talent and creativity with us and your community!
To participate in Stonewall's "Left Behind" writing contest, you must login with your SGN account and post your entry here, in this thread, before day's end on June 30th, 2021. Please use the #WritingContest hashtag in your entries. Your posted entry must comply with these additional rules to be eligible:
- Your story must be written in English (so the judges can understand it)
- Your story must be your own original work (plagiarism will result in disqualification)
- Don't make your story novel length; we need to be able to read it in a single sitting!
- The content of your story must not be edited after the submission deadline of June 30th
Only one entry per community member, please. While we encourage you to include graphics to supplement your stories if you like, only the written narrative portion of your entry will be judged. Instructions on how to incorporate graphics in your post can be found by clicking here.
As always, we'll be looking for the THREE stand-out stories among all of the entries. As we've done in the past, a panel of three judges will individually rate each of the entries in the categories of creativity, detail and impact. The average of all three judge's rankings of an entry will produce the final score against which, the other entries will be ranked! The categories are explained in more detail below:
- Creativity: To what degree is the content original or unique?
- Detail: To what degree are elements of the story explained in more intricate detail, rather than simply being stated as fact?
- Impact: To what degree does the story resonate with the reader for a more lasting impact?
The winning contest entries will be recognized on our Facebook and Twitter social media feeds. We'll also be giving away a participation prize of two Stonewall Credits to all those who enter! The prize packs are as follows:
- 6 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store
- Featured in the next edition of the Stonewall Times, our community magazine
- 5 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store
- 4 Stonewall Credits for use in our SWC Store
*Stonewall credits can be saved and/or redeemed for real-world and in-game merchandise through the Stonewall Credits Store.
Good luck to all participants! We can't wait to read your entries!