Any dark games?

davidsalata

Any dark games?

July 15 2019
Whatever happened to game series that could successfully pull off dark atmospheres? I feel that games like Diablo/Diablo 2 had an atmosphere that fit the game content, and Diablo 3 comes out and is brighter/more cartoonish. Even games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask had a gloomy feeling to them, and now we have a very bright and cartoonish BOTW (still think it's a good game, but doesn't feel like a Zelda game to me). The only modern series that i can think of that is able to pull off this atmosphere anymore is Dark Soul.
Unknown Person liked this
Tourma Rivers

Tourma

Any dark games?

August 02 2019
You might be interested in this game?

bit.ly/BlasphemousGame

I backed it on Kickstarter.  It should be out this year.

stellajames34

Any dark games?

September 23 2019
Agree with the comment above me. 
Tourma Rivers

Tourma

Any dark games?

October 30 2019
It's out, and it's good.  Might suggest getting a version other than Switch.  The port left the controls less precise than other versions.  It's good though.

Hollow Knight is another good dark Metroidvania style game.  Harsh, but consistent with it's rules.
Elaiya Blackthorne

Shoemaker

Any dark games?

April 21 2020
I myself started playing Vampyr so can't tell yet if the story itself is very dark, but the atmosphere certainly is

jhonny022117

Any dark games?

July 23 2020
I am also looking for a dark game. I agree that diablo 1 and 2 were cooler in graphics, dark places, and dark sensation for the background than diablo 3. Though, we can't miss that diablo 3 is also cool in its new features, and facing directions are better. 
tree removal service gainesville fl
Tourma Rivers

Tourma

Any dark games?

October 11 2020
Two more suggestions!

Alice: Madness Returns.  Its Alice in Wonderland, but Alice's house caught fire and killed everyone but her.  In the first game she was put into an asylum.  Now she's out, but starting to decent into Wonderland once again.  Darker than I expected, and I expected a lot out of it.  Available on Xbox 360/1 and on Origin.  Buying the sequel gives access to the original game too.   The original was made on the Quake Engine so its...dated feeling.

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard.  Not as big of a recommendation as Alice, but its a solid Diablo-like  with the feel of a saga.