Occupy White Walls

Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

Occupy White Walls

May 27 2018
Whittier Strong
7 mins · 

So last night I downloaded and started playing a free-to-play game I saw advertised on Facebook. Ordinarily, this wouldn't bode well, as some of these games are just not up to snuff. But this wonderful little game is different.
Occupy White Walls is like The Sims as an MMO, combined with a college course in art history. You build an art museum, with lots of architectural options, and select the art you want to hang--as I understand it, they're digitized versions of works from the Met. As you select pieces, the game steers you to other pieces you might like, and each one has a ton of information about the artist and the work. Other players can visit your museum and comment on it, as well as on the artwork. Every hour, whether you're in game or not, you earn money from visitors to your museum, both other players and NPCs, which you can use to expand your museum.
It's very much an "ungame," and so far, the players have been so friendly. The whole setting is rather peaceful. The game is still in alpha, so they're getting feedback and working out bugs. I have the occasional capacity to crash when I go to another player's museum, but beyond that, no major issues thus far.
As an art lover and a Sims building fanatic, I can't recommend it enough.
Unknown Person liked this
Michael

Mstfrancis

Occupy White Walls

May 29 2018
Sounds like I should put my Art Degree to good use. 
Unknown Person liked this