Halloween Fright Night 2017

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 22 2017

EVENT ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28: For the last few months, I've locked myself in a cellar, conjuring up just the right spell to resurrect Stonewall's annual "Halloween #FrightNight2017" for the FIFTH consecutive year!  Fright Night is the annual gathering of Stonewall Fleet, armada members and friends (living or dead), for a series of spooky, Star Trek themed events, in honour of All Hallows' Eve: the galaxy's most horrifying holiday!  Among the events that we're hosting are: the Star Trek Halloween Trivia Experience, Trek themed Halloween Bingo, a Halloween Costume Contest, and Stonewall's EPIC, original event: "Trellium Catastrophe", among others!  Naturally, we're giving away Stonewall Credits as event prizes, which can be redeemed at the Stonewall Credits Store for amazing in-game ships and swag!  We're also giving away some Zen and other unique items for the winners of the Trellium Catastrophe event!  See the event schedule below for details on each event!  See you all there... if you dare!

·············································
Opening Ceremonies: Gathering of the Ghouls
[12:00 PM - 12:15 PM EDT or click here for your timezone]

We'll start our ghoulish gathering at Stonewall Fleet's K-13 Space Station, since to hold a Halloween event, there would be no better location.  Here, in the eerie and dilapidated halls of Starfleet's long forgotten past, we'll kick off the day's events with a quick speech, once we've all there amassed.  Come alone or bring some friends and we'll flood the PvE queues before the night descends, as we prepare for a full day of spooky, Halloween-themed events!

Group PvE Mission Runs
[12:15 PM - 1:15 PM EDT or click here for your timezone]

We're going to set the mood for the day by digging up some of the spookiest PvE missions that we can find in the long forgotten depths of the queues!  Together, we'll dust-off and brave these scary missions with our fellow fleet and armada members!  Don't worry if we choose some missions that you haven't run in a while, as we'll have highly skilled volunteers on-hand to lead each five Captain team to certain victory!*  

*Admiral @Zander_Hawk of our legal department has advised us to clarify that the phrase "certain victory" is not intended to imply any actual chance of success.

Fright Night Bingo Event
[1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT or click here for your timezone]

Once we've finished destroying the PvE queues, we'll be running TWO back-to-back Star Trek themed bingo games!  Round one will be Star Trek villain themed while the second round will be Holodeck Adventures and Alternate Persona themed, to leave you with a good, Halloween Fright Night scare!  Those of you who have played in our bingo events before, know how it works: everyone will be given a link to their own, unique, web-based bingo card that can be accessed through your browser or tablet.  We'll call out clues to the characters on your bingo card, and you'll mark off the icons on your card that match the clues that are called!  The first to achieve different bingo combinations will win prizes! 

Horrifying Halloween Costume Contest
[3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT or click here for your timezone]

The Horrifying Costume Contest is one of our favourite events from all of the previous years.  We've scheduled a break in-between events to give you time to hit the tailor and create some stunning entries for this contest!  As always, our costume contest will have FIVE different categories and your Captain can enter as many or as few of the categories as you like!  A winner for each category will be chosen by a panel of judges; that means FIVE chances to win best costume in any of our fun award categories!  See the second post in this thread for our costume contest categories and prizes.  We saw some amazing entries last year, and we're excited to see the creativity of our fleet members again, this Halloween!  Remember: the best entries are usually those who create a costume ahead of time, so think about your costume ideas in advance!

Terrifying Trek Trivia Event
[5:30 PM - 7:30 PM EDT or click here for your timezone]

Something is wrong... VERY wrong.  Something has happened to the Emergency Gameshow Host Hologram (Mark II), and those of you who have joined us for Stonewall's infamous Trek Trivia experience in the past, will find that there are some horrifying changes in store for them.  The whole thing is really quite classified and I'm not even authorized to tell you what I already have... just come prepared.  As always, you'll want to be sure to join us for this AMAZING event, even if trivia isn't your forté; it's about the experience of this epic event and slower typers will find that there are some new changes to the game that might help them dispatch our typically high scoring players!  This audio event is held both in-game and on Discord, but you're not required to speak in order to participate.   You won't want to miss this amazing fun!

Trellium Catastrophe Team Challenge
[8:00 PM - Onwards EDT or click here for your timezone]

Trellium Catastrophe (newly re-designed this year) is our flagship event and the last event of our Halloween Fright Night!  In this event, we'll get you to pair up with a friend (or we'll help you find a teammate), and we'll take you on a guided, ground-based, haunted-house style foundry mission.  You and your partner will be given a handful of objectives to complete and the teams that complete this creepy mission the fastest, will win amazing prizes!  Each member of the fastest team will win 2,500 ZEN in addition to Stonewall Credits!  The average speed of completion for the mission is a short, 17 minutes of terrifying fun!  It's highly recommended (though not required), that you and your partner join us on Discord for the duration of the run for background music and sound effects that make this an immersive experience!  Check out the trailer for this event, below!

5 people liked this
Edited October 22 2017 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 22 2017

With Stonewall's Halloween #FrightNight2017 fast approaching, we've posted the various costume contest categories below, so that you can all get a head-start at the tailor, crafting your other-worldly creations in preparation for the show!  As with every year, our Horrifying Costume Contest event has FIVE different categories and FIVE different chances to win.  Enter as many of the different categories as possible to increase your chances of winning!  Not only will the winner of each category be awarded 3 Stonewall Credits for use in the Stonewall Credit Store, but we also have some codes for UNIQUE swag that you can't get your hands on ANYWHERE else, that we will be giving away to select participants!  Be sure to join us for this amazing event!  See the first post in this thread for the event time in your time zone!

Best Trek Likeness Category!

We do this category every year since it's so popular!  We want to see your best Star Trek character re-creation!  Think outside of the box to broaden the possibilities of this category; your creation doesn't necessarily have to be a regular or recurring character... consider lesser known characters or even extras that we've only seen once or twice!  Take inspiration from some of the cool cosplay costumes from Trek conventions on Google if you're low on inspiration!

Most Disturbing Costume Category!

Show the judges your most horrifying Halloween costume in this most disturbing Halloween costume category!  Whether it be a zombie Spock, an Andorian vampire or some other creature from the depths of your worst nightmares, we want to see the worst your twisted mind can offer!  We're hoping for you to show us a good scare!

Best Pirate Costume Category!

That's right... we want to see the best pirate outfit that you can muster!  Be creative with this category... remember, it's the 2400's, so while a traditional pirate outfit that would make Jack Sparrow jealous is always awesome, your take on a space pirate outfit befitting of this era could also be cool!  Be sure to craft a back-story for your character to accompany your outfit!

Sexiest Costume Category

Show us some leg and bring out your Captain's bedroom beast to tantalize our senses and take home the sexiest costume category prize!  After seeing your most disturbing and best pirate likeness costumes, our eyes will love to gaze upon your toon's inner and/or outer beauty!  Pretend you're going on a hot date to get in the mindset necessary to win this fun category!

Best Gender Swap Costume Category!

This year's introduction of the skant and many other costume pieces has made our new gender swap costume category possible!  We want to see you take a well known cartoon character, video game character or any other personality you can think of and swap out their gender.  Think Beauty & the Beast or the Little Mermaid role reversal or something even more interesting!  Have fun with this category and re-imagine the best characters that we've come to love and know!

8 people liked this
Edited October 22 2017 by Voleron
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

October 22 2017
I am excited!! Tho I need a friend
2 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

October 22 2017
also whoever made the poster for fright nightis awesome! didnt know it was a video! everyone click on it :P
4 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

October 23 2017
The animated poster is ammmazing..

im already thinking up costume ideas for this year, hmm hmm how can I gross people out 

5 people liked this
Cal

calx

October 23 2017
awesome poster!

also is milmar getting vaporised by gareth there? :O

3 people liked this
Michael

Mstfrancis

October 24 2017
So excited for #frightnight !
2 people liked this
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

October 24 2017
I think I have pulled something out of my hat for all those categories..... I think I might do ok.
Unknown Person liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

October 24 2017
well i tried to make some good ones, if not then whatever some nice pve with friends :D
2 people liked this
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

October 24 2017
Costumes ready! I think. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the tailor compulsively tweaking them until the 28th.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 24 2017
Can't wait to see all of the costume entries!  I'm actually pretty pleased with the costumes I came up with for the judges and I hope you'll all agree!  Just forewarning: shade WILL be thrown by the Judges!  But that's 'cause they're evil bitches!

2 people liked this

Unknown Person

October 26 2017
Those are some really cool categories! I've been hard at work.

Unknown Person

October 27 2017
Gosh, i shall definitely try out for sexiest costume.. now that i have a female toon..
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

October 27 2017
The five costume contest is what I am looking.
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

October 27 2017
Quote by kalen1072
Gosh, i shall definitely try out for sexiest costume.. now that i have a female toon..

Kaleb you just have to show up as yourself and you'd win
Michael

Mstfrancis

October 28 2017
Really looking forward to #frightnight! So excited to see everyone’s costumes. 
Michael

Mstfrancis

October 28 2017
Really looking forward to #frightnight! So excited to see everyone’s costumes. 
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

October 28 2017
What a fine-looking group!

2 people liked this
Edited October 28 2017 by trick
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

October 28 2017