SGN Team UP Weekend: OVERWATCH [FREE]

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 26 2017

MAY 26 - 29th

This weekend see's Overwatch the incredibly popular team game giving us a Free to play weekend.

So as we talked in our SGN discord we thought it would be fun to team up and play Overwatch as a community.

For thoughs who haven't played over watch.. or just have noticed it around but haven't looked into it.. or maybe you were put off by the cartoony looking style of the game .. like I was before i played it.. I decided just to pick up a copy.. and bam! I was hooked as soon as I played it.. and my friends and others whom ive spoken to are now also fans of this game.

I can honestly tell you its one of the best and most fun games I have ever played.

Its not to serious, you have fun, you wont have to worry about other players, you don't need incredible FPS responses.

In fact this game gives you choices of who you want to play...

you have a vast selection of Heros to pick who you want to take into battle.. and with them they bring there special abilitys.. each unique and really helps build a great team.

=========

If you want to know more about overwatch and how easy and fun it is to play keep reading this post below.

DETAILS ABOUT THE WEEKEND TEAM UP:

Thoughs who want to take part jump over to blizzards website RIGHT HERE and get the free download of overwatch

it will be available for free Fri 26th May at 19:00 BST / 11:00 PDT / 14:00 EDT

The PC download is around 12GB so best to get it asap and we can look to team up late fri maybe, allday sat, sun & mon

We can meet up on our SGN discord server ( CLICK HERE for Details of how to get in our SGN discord )

There is no set times in when we can team up, this is a spur of the moment idea, I will be floating around in our discord server seeing if anyone wants to team up, until i have to dash off to work.. but then you guys can always team up and get other people asking into your teams! you wont have to be there all day.. if your on and theres a game going.. ask out, you can pop in and out all day.

I recommend when you have downloaded Overwatch.. to just pop in the game yourself.. and have a go in the training rooms.. you get to swap and choose any of the 24 heroes. and run around a training area on your own, this will give you the oppertunity to see what heros can do what, what weapons they have and get you accustomed to everything 

Hope to see and play along side you this weekend!!

and if you like it.. its on sale.. we can play more oftern!

===============

ABOUT THE GAME:

YOU CAN BE THE FIRST PERSON SHOOTER:

Run right into battle destroying everything that gets within your line of sight

YOU CAN BE THE GUARD SUPPORT:

Dont like to be in the thick of it? we will always need someone to guard the base, you could choose a hero that can build a turret, or a hero that hides in the balcony with her sniper rifle taking down enemy's one by one from a distance

YOU CAN PROTECT OTHER TEAM MATES:

YOU can be a tank that will throw up a huge shield so your team mates can gather up behind you and pick off your enemy's from safety.. or barge into enemy spaces and cause confusion to break up there team

YOU CAN BE THE LIFE SAVER THAT EVERYONE NEEDS:

run along with another hero and boost his powers.. or run around to different team mates healing them with your healing beams so they are constantly in top health despite getting shot at, or create gateways to jump the just spawned team mates back into action without running all the way back.

This game you can play as any hero, after you play for a while and try out all the various hero options, and see what they can bring to a team.. and you will go into any match with confidence and you will begin to get player of the game quite a lot.

Anyone who shys away from FPS, sadly tarnised by the COD venomous playerbase... this is the game for you to see how much fun it actually can be.

here are a couple of videos that show what you can do in the game as a team..

and a little guide about Roles you can play..

===

With all this said..  this weekend.. overwatch is free!! 

This is the perfect time to try something new.. among this safe community,.. get to know people, have fun.. who knows.. you may even want to buy overwatch after the trial weekend... btw.. its on sale!!!

2 people liked this
Edited May 26 2017 by GXV3
Cheshire McCaster

Niko

May 26 2017
I will happily be there for this.
Unknown Person liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 26 2017
yay @Niko and thanks for informing us of the free trial! they did it very last min.
im excited to play with people from here instead of the usual xboxers.
Its hard getting used to keyboard controls though 

Jure

Eeon

May 26 2017
I'll join 
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 30 2017
Had some fun so over the weekend with @jacien @Eeon @Wsstks @Niko @Moonicus @LarsAKALordZandor @Mstfrancis @SellinOdan gr_vity !!

Thanks for teaming up, and thanks to Niko and Gr_vity for putting together some groups

Sadly the screens grabs I got didnt render.. looking up the problem, it appears to be a bug and i had to fiddle with some settings :(

If anyone has any other ideas for free games we can all play. feel free to write a post or message me :D

#SGNdiscord 

3 people liked this
Edited May 30 2017 by GXV3
Ben

Gravity

May 31 2017
It was alot of fun i am enjoying playing with you guys and discord is making it much easier to team up also :)
2 people liked this
David

Keioel

June 02 2017
NOOOO, I missed this.  This is what I get for not checking the events section lol