OFFICIAL: New Star Trek series premieres January 2017

November 02 2015
WOOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Unknown Person liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

November 02 2015

yay!!! but but.. in what era is it set..
I hope a euro company buys it too

2 people liked this

Unknown Person

November 02 2015
OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY!!!!
Alain Rojas

Ngagecloak

November 02 2015
Raising a Vulcan like eyebrow at the fine print...
Cal

calx

November 03 2015
will anyone in the USA please skype it to us here in the third european world? :woohoo:

Andrea Maria

AndreaMaria

November 03 2015
There´s also a Cryptic giveaway, to celebrate the new tv show:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9631363-star-trek-online%3A-star-trek-tv-show-giveaway

C-store, discount packs tab, Enterprise Era Pack.
Ben

Gravity

November 03 2015
If they only air it in the US i will torrent it, if they air it in the UK i will watch the hell out of it good or bad because frankly this is a trek on TV lifeline and im gonna take it.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

November 03 2015
I will watch this. No matter if they only broadcast it in the US, I will watch this. I don't care if I have to trick Species 8472 into attacking the Beta Quadrant, start a war between the Federation and the KDF, trick the Tal Shiar into blowing up Romulus by giving wrong info on how to handle Red Matter, tricking Fed, KDF, Rom, Voth and Undine into all out war over a shiny-looking, but overestimated piece of crap somewhere in the shit-end of the known universe, I do not care, I WILL WATCH THIS AND MAKE IT MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

In case it wasn't clear: I'm excited.
Edited November 03 2015 by Lars_Zandor

Unknown Person

November 03 2015
Quote by calx
will anyone in the USA please skype it to us here in the third european world? :woohoo:

Lol you have to accept the friend request first! :P

That's awesome news, though! Think we've all wanted a new series for quite some time now. Let's go audition?
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

November 03 2015
Petar

werePetar

November 15 2015
good news :woohoo:
I hope jj will have nothing to say how its done so he does not ruin it like last movie
Sej @Ereiid

Ereiid

February 10 2016
Bryan Fuller, everyone.

http://www.avclub.com/article/bryan-fuller-crowned-showrunner-cbs-new-star-trek--231977

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-bryan-fuller-showrunner-cbs-hannibal-1201700606/

If anyone haas any doubts about his bona fides, remember that Bryan got his start writing for DS9 and Voyager. (IMDB)

Moreover, as showrunner and head writer for the dearly late, lamented Hannibal - one of the most gorgeous shows ever shot for broadcast television.

This is huge - and about as best-case scenario as could be for the new series.
4 people liked this
Edited February 10 2016 by Ereiid
Michael

Mstfrancis

February 13 2016
All the FEELINGS!
Pnutt Buttah

pnuttbuttah

February 27 2016
Now I'm interested!!

http://www.startrek.com/article/nicholas-meyer-joins-new-star-trek-series
It’s official. Bryan Fuller, who will co-create, produce and serve as showrunner of the upcoming Star Trek series, has just announced the news that Nicholas Meyer has joined the show's writing staff and will be a consulting producer.

"Nicholas Meyer chased Kirk and Khan 'round the Mutara Nebula and 'round Genesis' flames, he saved the whales with the Enterprise and its crew, and waged war and peace between Klingons and the Federation. We are thrilled to announce that one of Star Trek's greatest storytellers will be boldly returning as Nicholas Meyer beams aboard the new Trek writing staff," said Executive Producer, Bryan Fuller.

Meyer, of course, is beloved by Star Trek fans worldwide for directing (and co-written, uncredited) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, co-writing Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and co-writing and directing Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

The new Star Trek series, produced by CBS Television Studios, will launch in early 2017. In the U.S., a special premiere episode will air on the CBS Television Network and all subsequent first-run episodes will be available exclusively on CBS All Access. The series will also be available on television stations and platforms in other countries around the world.
3 people liked this
Mike

thanatos

April 25 2016
I just wanted to chime in again on this. I went ahead and did the trial and paid for a month for CBS All Access, the service is horrifically badly made. I've had streaming problems (mostly starting streams) and I swear that there are more commercials on CBS-AA than there are on broadcast tv not that I've had actual tv for a decade to make the comparison valid.

Another issue with the service is that, even though they own the content they're streaming and they don't have to pay for rights, they ration it out incredibly cheaply for the price. Jag has every other episode as one example, NCIS Los Angeles only has last season and the most recently broadcast episodes streaming, so I can't even binge to current.

CBS-AA is about six bucks a month with very frequent commercial breaks for stuff that's only sold hundreds of miles from me or drugs that I don't need or want. For my part, I'm unconvinced that one new Star Trek series is worth the poor service quality.

If the show is mediocre, All Access is absolutely not worth it, even it it's awesome, I'd be tempted to be naughty rather than pay for a substandard service run on the cheap by the content owners.

These are just my opinions, you might not mind frequent advertising but it's pretty oppressive in my humble opinion.
Petar

werePetar

April 25 2016
Quote by pnuttbuttah
Now I'm interested!!

http://www.startrek.com/article/nicholas-meyer-joins-new-star-trek-series
It’s official. Bryan Fuller, who will co-create, produce and serve as showrunner of the upcoming Star Trek series, has just announced the news that Nicholas Meyer has joined the show's writing staff and will be a consulting producer.

"Nicholas Meyer chased Kirk and Khan 'round the Mutara Nebula and 'round Genesis' flames, he saved the whales with the Enterprise and its crew, and waged war and peace between Klingons and the Federation. We are thrilled to announce that one of Star Trek's greatest storytellers will be boldly returning as Nicholas Meyer beams aboard the new Trek writing staff," said Executive Producer, Bryan Fuller.

Meyer, of course, is beloved by Star Trek fans worldwide for directing (and co-written, uncredited) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, co-writing Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and co-writing and directing Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

The new Star Trek series, produced by CBS Television Studios, will launch in early 2017. In the U.S., a special premiere episode will air on the CBS Television Network and all subsequent first-run episodes will be available exclusively on CBS All Access. The series will also be available on television stations and platforms in other countries around the world.

now I cant wait for 2017 D
Petar

werePetar

May 23 2016
it started !!! teaser for new show is up
Pnutt Buttah

pnuttbuttah

May 30 2016
The teaser totally underwhelmed me until it hit the tagline: "NEW CREWS... NEW HEROES... NEW VILLAINS... NEW WORLDS." Crews (plural) might support the rumors that this could be an anthology series. How would you all feel about that?

(Invalid video video code)
Edited May 30 2016 by pnuttbuttah
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 18 2016
As Predicted, This is good news for non USA & Canada country's.
The new Star Trek series will be available on Netflix 24 hours after broadcast on CBS ondemand.

Plus all the Star Trek Series, TNG, VOY, DS9 etc will be coming to rest of the world Netflix (they've popped up in the UK already)

Sadly USA will have to Sub to CBS all Access, and Canada.. Bell Media’s cable networks, Space.

http://www.startrek.com/article/international-broadcasters-set-for-new-star-trek-series

It sounds like the rest of the world will have the better deal with Netflix, with every ST series on there.
But USA & Canada will have to spend another 5.99 which is a pile of pants :(