Elder Scrolls Online

Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Elder Scrolls Online

January 22 2015
I know that there are a few ESO topics already, but was unsure which one to put this.
Anyways, *beep* yeah:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-online-ditches-mandatory-subscriptio/1100-6424769/

I'll be playing again, who's with me?
3 people liked this

Frozenlily

Elder Scrolls Online

January 22 2015
ever since my closed beta try and then landed in Elswhere. then i found out there was a sub :/ I might try again :)
Unknown Person liked this
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Elder Scrolls Online

January 22 2015
I might give it a try now. I liked Skyrim.
Lesley

LesleyA

Elder Scrolls Online

January 23 2015
The possibility of this happening is exactly why I relented and Bought the pre-order at the start. It will be good to get back to my sorceror :)

Have to admit though that when I did play it the time gates did keep screaming at me that it was all set up for B2P from the start.

Unknown Person

Elder Scrolls Online

March 19 2015
I was a bit put off by it's monthly cost, but not it seems to have gone free (well apart from the upfront cost). Is it worth playing? Or should I just crack open Skyrim again to get my fix?
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Elder Scrolls Online

March 19 2015
Quote by caijamin
I was a bit put off by it's monthly cost, but not it seems to have gone free (well apart from the upfront cost). Is it worth playing? Or should I just crack open Skyrim again to get my fix?

I know that my friend is really addicted to it.. but for me.. i bought the game and played it for a mth since the day of the launch.. but it didn't give me the skyrim feel of excitement and exploration.
But it was fun none the less if your used to.. and like, Fantasy MMORPG you will like it.
It wants ingame money for everything.. even to travel, so its a grind fest for everything.

But.. Skyrim.. it isnt (in my personal view) .. though it may have changed. My friend keep telling me to jump back into it.. So as soon as I get my new PC, ill be going back to it for another try.. you need a good up to date PC or PS4/XB1 to play it properly.
Im glad its not completely free.. as you tend to get annoying troll players.

Kj

kjmk

Elder Scrolls Online

March 19 2015
Quote by GXV3
It wants ingame money for everything.. even to travel, so its a grind fest for everything.

Actually, you need in-game gold for very little really. As far as travel goes, if you go up to a Wayshrine you can travel for free to any other area's Wayshrine in the game that you have previously discovered. You do have the option of instant travel for gold if you don't want to go to the many Wayshrines scattered around each map. Horses can cost about 43K gold, or if you bought the Imperial Edition you can buy the Imperial horse for 2 gold or spend 900 Crowns (like Zen) in the store for the same mounts sold for in-game gold. Other than that your only other recurring expenses are for repairs and maybe some crafting materials you haven't looted out in the world. Of course the usual things can be bought if you wish like bank space, character respecs, vendor sold equipment, and at the Guild Traders that are similar to an auction house.
2 people liked this
Edited March 19 2015 by kjmk
Dazzletag

dazzletag

Elder Scrolls Online

March 20 2015
I've got it and am glad it's gone sub free as I hardly ever play it. I'd be up for some more play if people fancied it?
2 people liked this
David

Keioel

Elder Scrolls Online

March 24 2015
I've been feeling the Fantasy MMO thing lately, which is why I've been playing Neverwinter and if people are actually playing I'd be potentially interested in joining.

Frozenlily

Elder Scrolls Online

March 24 2015
I hope they fixed the part where you land in elsewhere after cold harbour.... That turn me away xD now I order to download is it free because I have the beta downloaded or do I need to buy the cd still?
Kj

kjmk

Elder Scrolls Online

March 25 2015
If you are referring to the end of the Main Story at level 50 where you have defeated Molag Bal, ESO still sends you to the second of the 3 factions, giving you the 'Cadwell's Silver' quest for you to advance in the Veteran ranks and Champion system. Then you go to the 3rd faction. Daggerfall Covenant goes to Aldmeri Dominion first, and Ebonheart Pact goes to Daggerfall Covenant first. I don't know which faction AD goes to first. Also, if you just have the Beta installed you will still have to buy the game to play regardless of whether you buy a sub or not.
2 people liked this
David

Keioel

Elder Scrolls Online

April 19 2015
BTW do we have a guild?
Quinlan

Qmonster

Elder Scrolls Online

April 20 2015
I'm seriously considering this one.
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Elder Scrolls Online

April 21 2015
I just bought ESO today. It's downloading as I type.
Patrick Burris

ACalatare

Elder Scrolls Online

April 21 2015
Honestly, I played it in the closed beta and wasn't impressed. If I want my fantasy mmorpg fix, I will probably go play Rift. It's free and more diversified - at least in my opinion.
David

Keioel

Elder Scrolls Online

April 21 2015
haha I bought mine on Saturday seriously impressed, of course I was sold with the Justice system I've never had more fun just sneaking around stealing stuff lol
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Elder Scrolls Online

April 21 2015
What faction are you playing?
Maakur

maakur

Elder Scrolls Online

April 22 2015
Any guild on NA-EP?
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Elder Scrolls Online

April 22 2015
EP will help me make a decision about what faction to play. I still am struggle for a race or class.
David

Keioel

Elder Scrolls Online

April 22 2015
I'm on NA playing an Imperial in the Dominion.