Writing Challenge: Halloween

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

3 weeks ago

The leaves are blowing and the trees are bare. Halloween is approaching and it's time for Stonewall's 2nd #WritingChallenge of 2024!  Submit your spooky themed entry by logging into this site and posting your story in this thread between now and end of day on October 31st, 2024.

Theme Instructions:
We're encouraging everyone to share with us a story of any of your in-game characters that incorporates a spooky theme.  There's broad latitude with the theme, which is just meant to guide you and not to limit you in any way.  To help get the creative juices flowing, I've provided some possible writing prompts, though you're free to write your story without the help of the prompts:

• Write about discovering a dead Captain's log that causes strange, supernatural events to unfold on your ship
  • Write about discovering a ship that feeds on fear of its passengers and crew
  • Write about a member of your crew creating a Halloween themed holodeck program that turns into a deadly nightmare
  • Write about your crew finding itself in the Mirror Universe on Halloween, where the Empire is celebrating the darkest aspects of their culture
  • Write about a transporter malfunction that duplicates you or a crew member, but this version is twisted and malevolent
  • Write about your Klingon crew telling ghost stories about vengeful spirits and ancient battles that start to become reality
  • Write about being hit by an anomaly that reanimates a group of Romulan prisoners held in stasis, who are transformed into zombie-like beings

We'll share every submission with the entire community for them to enjoy, but we'll also be looking for our three favorite entries that excel in three criteria that we'll detail below.  We're so very eager for you, SGN's amazing writing talents, to once again share your talent and creativity with us and your community!

To participate in Stonewall's Halloween writing challenge, you must post your entry here, in this thread, before day's end on October 31st, 2024.  Please title your entry!  Your posted entry must comply with these additional rules to be eligible:

1. Your story must in some way relate to your character from any game you play
  2. Your may use AI to help generate a writing prompt for yourself, BUT your story must be entirely your original work
  3. DO NOT USE ChatGPT or AI to write any or portions of your story for you!
  4. The content of your story must not be edited after the submission deadline of October 31st

Only one entry per community member, please.  While we encourage you to include graphics to supplement your Ensnared story, only the written narrative portion of your entry will be judged.  Instructions on how to incorporate graphics in your post can be found by clicking here.

Every writer will receive a deposit of 3 Stonewall Credits into their account, but our favorite contest entries will be recognized on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media feeds. The prize packs are as follows:

Our favorite story will get:
  1. 10 Stonewall Credits, AND, your choice of either:
  2. 20 Master Keys in Star Trek Online, OR
  3. $25.00 Redbubble Gift Card to purchase Stonewall Merchandise!

Our second favorite entry will receive:
  1. 8 Stonewall Credits, AND your choice of either:
  2. 10 Master Keys in Star Trek Online OR
  3. $20.00 Redbubble Gift Card to purchase Stonewall Merchandise!

Our third favorite entry will get:
  1. 6 Stonewall Credits!
  2. 7 Master Keys in Star Trek Online

*Stonewall credits can be saved and/or redeemed for in-game merchandise through the Stonewall Credits Store.

Good luck to everyone!  We can't wait to read your stories!

3 people liked this
Edited 3 weeks ago by Voleron
Connie Zinser

aetios

3 weeks ago
Well, this isn't my submission post, but I am about a third of the way through my story, and it's already the longest I've written, so that should be fun, I hope. 
Unknown Person liked this
Donovan Xain

AuFish

3 weeks ago
I had to submit mine directly I hope that is acceptable. :D