In 2012, I created "Trellium Catastrophe", a Star Trek themed Haunted House style ground based mission in The Foundry, Star Trek Online's custom mission generator. That year, 24 teams comprising a total of 48 fleet members ran the gauntlet of Vulcans turned zombie, in my haunted house and competed for the quickest mission completion time, which averaged around 15 minutes. We gave away huge amounts of Zen as prizes! The mission was so popular that it became the foundation for Stonewall's annual Halloween event that I've run every year since 2012!
With the STO devs announcing the sun-setting of the Foundry next month, this will be the last time we're able to take the haunted house out for a spin. It represents hundreds of hours of development time for me, so I wanted to give it one last hurrah before it disappears into oblivion. So, on Saturday, March 30th and Sunday, March 31st, starting at 2:00 PM Eastern time on both days and running until I can't keep my eyes open, I'll be running teams of two through my haunted house, one last time, and I'd really appreciate it if you came out to give this "Half-way to Halloween Haunted House" event a good, final send off!
We'll take you and one other fleet member on a guided, ground-based, haunted-house style foundry mission. Your mission is to save those who can be saved amongst a crew of Vulcans who've been exposed to Trellium-D, a dangerous neuro-toxin. You and your partner will be given a handful of objectives to complete and the teams that complete this creepy mission the fastest, will win amazing prizes! Although no talking is required if you're not setup for it, we strongly recommend that you join us in our Discord channel for your run, as we manually operate background music and sound effects during the mission that make it an immersive experience!
- Pick up some hypos and ready yourself for a ground mission!
- Setup Discord for listening (and talking of you like!)
- Pick a friend or partner (or ask us to help you find one)
- Be in-game either Saturday, March 30th or Sunday, March 31st after 2:00 PM Eastern (Click here for your timezone)
- DM me (Voleron) either in-game or on Discord and I'll run you through the event!
No event would be a great event without some super loot! As previously mentioned, this is a timed, ground-based mission on advanced difficulty. Everybody who participates will get an in-game zombie survival themed loot kit from us, and the three teams with the TOP completion times will earn the following rewards:
- 1st Place: Each team member will receive 10x Master Keys!
- 2nd Place: Each team member will receive 5x Master Keys!
- 3rd Place: Each team member will receive 3x Master Keys!