Collecting Ferasan Lore

Mckenna Mears

aroaceRihanha

Collecting Ferasan Lore

September 12 2019
Theres basically no lore for Ferasans outside the STO zen store which is a shame because these psychic purple cat warriors deserve so much better. So I want to use this as a place to collect the tidbits of information we have (or that ppl have made up).  
2 people liked this

Collecting Ferasan Lore

September 12 2019
Quote by aroaceRihanha
Theres basically no lore for Ferasans outside the STO zen store which is a shame because these psychic purple cat warriors deserve so much better. So I want to use this as a place to collect the tidbits of information we have (or that ppl have made up).  

There's plenty actually. The catch is that the Ferasans are actually the Kzinti from The Animated Series. The name had to be changed due to some legal issues, as Larry Niven (Who originally introduced them into Star Trek) actually wrote them for his own IP prior. 
Mckenna Mears

aroaceRihanha

Collecting Ferasan Lore

September 12 2019
Quote by Balduranne
There's plenty actually. The catch is that the Ferasans are actually the Kzinti from The Animated Series. The name had to be changed due to some legal issues, as Larry Niven (Who originally introduced them into Star Trek) actually wrote them for his own IP prior. 

Yeah i know they're based on the Kzinti but there's enough differences (such as ferasan females being fully sentient, even though many other kdf races only have males playable anyway so they could've easily stuck more closely to the kzinti inspiration) that I think it would be interesting to explore from the perspective of ferasans being their own unique species. 
Marko Norenberg

Markonian

Collecting Ferasan Lore

October 24 2019
There's also a Duty officer assingment chain:
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment_chain:_Unforgiven_of_Ferasa

It hints at some of the history, e.g. speaking of pre-Apotheotic Caitians. Also, Ferasan Doff quotes can include hints: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hisow_Ja%27fus_Anaun
Edited October 24 2019 by Markonian