Nagh'reD Fleet Uniform Contest!

Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 02 2019

presents:

Nagh’reD Fleet Uniform Contest!

QaleghneS, honourable warriors!

I ask you, what is the most important thing for a Klingon warrior in battle? Is it the fulfillment of bloodlust? Or maybe the screams of the petaQ’s you cut down with your bat’leth? Drinking a barrel of bloodwine with your fellow battle-siblings afterwards perhaps? Or maybe, just maybe, the pride in your Par’Mach’kai’s eyes as they fight at your side?

Well, all those things might be what makes life worth living for an honourable Klingon warrior, but none of that is possible without a proper uniform! A uniform is honour! A uniform is glory! A proper uniform shows your Par’Mach’kai that you bring honour and glory to your House!

Now, our current Fleet Uniform...

In order: Tactical, Engineering, Science

Although still good looking, is several years old. And thus we, the Department of Klingon Affairs, thought it was a fun idea to hold a contest for a new fleet uniform!

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145398

For the next two weeks (up until Saturday the 17th) all fleeties are allowed to participate by posting their submissions in this thread. Read up on Voleron's Guide to Uploading & Using Images in the Forums! for posting screenshots!
Then starting on Sunday the 18th, all fleeties can vote on their favourite submissions in a separate thread. How the voting works will be explained in the new thread. For now, let’s focus on participating!

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145400

The contest rules are:
- Only the use of the Bortasqu’ Warrior parts is allowed. Wrist Attachments, Shoulder Pads, and Collar are optional, but if you use those, only the Bortasqu’ Warrior parts are allowed here as well. The Right Hip Attachment “Klingon D’k tahg Dagger” is allowed (but optional) too.
- There need to be three variants: Tactical, Engineering, and Science. There are no rules on which colours to use - you’re only limited to the current available colour template.
- You are allowed to participate multiple times, but only your latest submission will be counted.

You are free to show off your submission however you want to. Screenshots are fine, but so is a video or a gif.

All submissions must be posted by Saturday the 17th of August at midnight (EDT timezone). This is 4 am UTC. Any submissions after this time will not be eligible for participation in the contest.

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145402

Of course there are prizes to win as well!

First Place - aside from being chosen as the official Nagh’reD Fleet Uniform, the first place winner will also win a T6 Na'Qjej-class Intel Battlecruiser!
Second Place - 5 SWC’s and a Bortasqu' Mirror Outfit!
Third Place - 4 SWC’s
Fourth Place - 3 SWC’s
Fifth Place - 2 SWC
Aside from these, there will also be given out a Warrior Mystery Package to the Third, Fourth a Fifth place!

We look forward to seeing all your submissions!

Qapla’!

6 people liked this
Edited August 12 2019 by Lars_Zandor

August 02 2019
MY TIME HAS COME
3 people liked this
Edited August 02 2019 by Balduranne
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

August 03 2019
Nice one! Let's see if we've got a Klingon version of Garak in me.
2 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

August 03 2019
Careful analysis of the battlefield needs of the noble warriors of the House of Nagh'reD has resulted in the following design for their Fleet uniforms. Hand-crafted with only the most supple and durable leather, and dyed with Vantablack NX to inspire awe in your enemies psyche, this uniform will actually feel like your second combat skin! The heat and steam of battle will be readily transmitted from your skin through the quantum tunnelling nanofibers impregnated in its leather to prevent that nasty post-battle soreness and rashes. The subtle yet distinctly discernible elements of red, yellow, and blue lining, makes it straightforward to identify the career specialty of your comrades-in-arms in the heat of battle! Furthermore, Nagh'reD's proud and lavishly rich history is boastingly displayed through the 24 carat gold elements, giving every warrior the perfect visual trinity; fabulous, formidable, fearless!

Whether you're defending Starbase Strength from its enemies in glorious battle, designing a new process to refine Dilithium at Nagh’reD’s asteroid mine, or investigating the unknown and wonderous fauna on Mol’Rihan… this uniform is every warrior’s dream!

5 people liked this
Edited August 03 2019 by Chipz416
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

August 03 2019
Quote by Chipz416
Careful analysis of the battlefield needs of the noble warriors of the House of Nagh'reD has resulted in the following design for their Fleet uniforms. Hand-crafted with only the most supple and durable leather, and dyed with Vantablack NX to inspire awe in your enemies psyche, this uniform will actually feel like your second combat skin! The heat and steam of battle will be readily transmitted from your skin through the quantum tunnelling nanofibers impregnated in its leather to prevent that nasty post-battle soreness and rashes. The subtle yet distinctly discernible elements of red, yellow, and blue lining, makes it straightforward to identify the career specialty of your comrades-in-arms in the heat of battle! Furthermore, Nagh'reD's proud and lavishly rich history is boastingly displayed through the 24 carat gold elements, giving every warrior the perfect visual trinity; fabulous, formidable, fearless!

Whether you're defending Starbase Strength from its enemies in glorious battle, designing a new process to refine Dilithium at Nagh’reD’s asteroid mine, or investigating the unknown and wonderous fauna on Mol’Rihan… this uniform is every warrior’s dream!

Click here for footage of field test runs:
Tactical uniform
Engineering uniform
Science uniform

shiny...
2 people liked this
Edited August 03 2019 by Kierix
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

August 03 2019
And I finally got the GIFs to work at the bottom, yaay!
2 people liked this

August 03 2019
I know nobody actually uses the fleet uniforms, but here's the entry!

Didn't have much to work with with the same uniform parts, so I instead opted to make them just not all black with color bits. The design was to aim for a more 'natural' sort of uniform material with leather, a Science/Medical coloration for Sci and a more classic black&red for Tac. 

I purposefully made a fresh character just for this and painstakingly slow boated all the way to New Romulus just for a decently lit scene
5 people liked this
Cheshire McCaster

Niko

August 03 2019
(First off I am sorry for the low quality of the pictures. I only have a really overworked, underpowered old laptop to use at the moment.)
Warriors of our house do not hide our wounds with dark cloth or armor. We proudly wear the spilled blood of our fellow Warriors. The blood of our own bodies with pride.  We enter battle clean, our Armor a blank Canvas ready for the art of glorious battle to be painted across it.  We of the house Nagh'reD shall never hide our wounds, our bodies tale the stories of Glorious battle. While other warriors of our Great Empire rage into battle like a dark mass, the Warriors of Nagh'reD surge forward gleaming like the tip of our blades before bloodied with our foes life.

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145503
7 people liked this
Edited August 03 2019 by Niko
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

August 03 2019
Quote by Niko
(First off I am sorry for the low quality of the pictures. I only have a really overworked, underpowered old laptop to use at the moment.)
Warriors of our house do not hide our wounds with dark cloth or armor. We proudly wear the spilled blood of our fellow Warriors. The blood of our own bodies with pride.  We enter battle clean, our Armor a blank Canvas ready for the art of glorious battle to be painted across it.  We of the house Nagh'reD shall never hide our wounds, our bodies tale the stories of Glorious battle. While other warriors of our Great Empire rage into battle like a dark mass, the Warriors of Nagh'reD surge forward gleaming like the tip of our blades before bloodied with our foes life.

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145503

Awesome work Joye thank you Hun!
2 people liked this

August 03 2019
Anyone else not seeing Trick's post? It showed up in my notifications, but it's giving me a 403 when I actually try to see it here
Unknown Person liked this
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

August 03 2019
Here are my uniforms. I stayed away from using the Fed red, gold and blue colors to signify departments because, well, we're KDF, not Crayola Federation Power Ranger wannabes. Instead, I used gold to signify Tactical, bronze for Engineering, and silver for Science. Sure, you might say the Federation did that in the Discovery era, but it looks much better in the original Klingon.

Also please note that this uniform was designed to be worn with the sash designating your rank in the Klingon Defense Force, though the rules of the contest do not allow me to include that in my submission. Still, as an act of defiance, I have included pictures of how the uniform looks with a Tier 3 (Commander) sash as an example of how you'd look fully-dressed.

Model: Klingon Defense Force Dahar Master Toj
#KDFUniformContest
7 people liked this
Edited August 04 2019 by trick

August 03 2019
Sometimes, I can still hear Trick's voice.
3 people liked this
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

August 03 2019
Quote by Balduranne
Sometimes, I can still hear Trick's voice.

4 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

August 04 2019
Quote by trick
Here are my uniforms. I stayed away from using the Fed red, gold and blue colors to signify departments because, well, we're KDF, not Crayola Federation Power Ranger wannabes. Instead, I used gold to signify Tactical, bronze for Engineering, and silver for Science. Sure, you might say the Federation did that in the Discovery era, but it looks much better in the original Klingon.

Also please note that this uniform was designed to be worn with the sash designating your rank in the Klingon Defense Force, though the rules of the contest do not allow me to include that in my submission. Still, as an act of defiance, I have included pictures of how the uniform looks with a Tier 3 (Commander) sash as an example of how you'd look fully-dressed.

Model: Klingon Defense Force Dahar Master Toj
#KDFUniformContest

#NotCrayolaFederationPowerRangerWannabes
4 people liked this

August 12 2019

*** Colour scheme and other accessories may be altered and or added to suit, haha punned you, Captain's liking on order forms, Darker, Lighter, swop where colours are, please put in the Other comments section of your order form. Thank you and Dahar Master Sqweloookle will send you some bloodwine if you refer other Captains to buy this uniform set! ***
6 people liked this
Edited August 12 2019 by sqweloookle

August 15 2019
Will this contest be up for a membership vote or just the Leadership?

Cause I get the feeling the membership should be able to have a say on what they will be wearing ingame as a fleet uniform. Unless you plan on adding all entries into the game?
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 15 2019
Quote by sqweloookle
Will this contest be up for a membership vote or just the Leadership?

Cause I get the feeling the membership should be able to have a say on what they will be wearing ingame as a fleet uniform. Unless you plan on adding all entries into the game?

Yup!! there will be a voting process, it's described under "how it works" in the main post.

Then starting on Sunday the 18th, all fleeties can vote on their favourite submissions in a separate thread. How the voting works will be explained in the new thread. For now, let’s focus on participating! 

Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 15 2019
Yep, what Gareth said. All fleeties who want to vote, will be able to vote :)

August 16 2019
Once again I get carried away with the contest itself and not read everything about the event! Sorry.
Edited August 16 2019 by sqweloookle
Cal

calx

August 17 2019
I spent all Saturday morning creating a new KDF character, running through the whole tutorial and missed breakfast coz well, it's the NEW KDF FLEET UNIFORM! :D

https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145906
https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/145915

upper
bortasqu warrior
F1 F1 (TAC A24, SCI D1, ENG B12) A12
Wrist attach left & right
F1 F1 A10
Badge - Klingon Empire
A24 A10
Shoulder Pad Left only
F1 A10
Feet - Borta War