Request

Request

May 03 2019
Is it possible to join the Public Relations Dept? Or is it the Morale Dept?? lol
2 people liked this
Edited May 03 2019 by sqweloookle
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Request

May 03 2019
Hey @sqweloookle 

Currently the Morale Department has a fully parred Department.. and the Public relations Officer doesn't require a Fleet Captain volunteer at this current time.

If you take a look at this post : Stonewall Leadership Tree and take a look at the descriptions of all Stonewalls Departments, See if any of these take your fancy, you'll also be able to view which department has a vacant Fleet captain spot.

Then just apply using this thread "FC application thread"
Even if the Department you want hasn't any vacancies .. still submit an application, and we will contact you should any change should be made. (which is mostly regular)

Thank you very much for showing interest, we do admire members who want to take an active role by volunteering.

3 people liked this

Unknown Person

Request

May 03 2019
I agree with Gareth.

It's amazing that you're interested in offering your services to the community. I'd encourage you to be as active as you can and if you want to assist with PR say then find places to advertise for Stonewall. Help notify members about upcoming events. 

If you take an active role now you may find that a door to a fleet captaincy opens up to you (We recently promoted a handsome chap straight from member to Admiral, skipping fleet captain, because of his activity and general awesomeness. :)
3 people liked this

Request

May 03 2019
Okay. Though it would be hard to know what events are coming up, is there a Stonewall calendar somewhere?
And I am asking all members in another thread you probably saw about what MP games they play and could encourage that we set up a Stonewall Guild in those games so to advertise in those games about us. ;)

Would it be possible to organise the roles on Discord to reflect the leadership structure? Cause when I joined I had no idea what officer or senior member was responsible for what. Which probably should be renamed Admirals and Fleet Captains??? So there is consistency across the Stonewall media, but that's just an opinion.
Unknown Person liked this
Edited May 03 2019 by sqweloookle
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Request

May 04 2019
I'll try to answer both of your questions:

Community Calendar

While we don't have a community calendar per sé, we do keep our events listed in the following places:

• This site -> Forums -> Events.  All of our past and current events are listed there in order of recency
  • Discord.  All active events are posted in the announcements channel on the SGN server
  • Our Steam group.  Our community events are scheduled there on the group's calendar
  • Facebook and Twitter.  We advertise all events leading up to event day
  • In Star Trek Online in the in-game event calendar UI. STO specific events shows up when you open the fleet holding window
  • In Star Trek Online in the message of the day.  STO specific events are posted in the MOTD when they're upcoming

Ideally, we're hoping to integrate events into a calendar on this website in the future, so that there's a one stop shop to all of the community wide events that's easier to get to at a single glance.  I'm open to suggestions on how we can improve our event advertising while the website component hopefully comes together, but in the interim, I hope that I'm doing a decent job getting the word out through all of the above platforms.

Discord Ranks

The reason we went with officers and senior members on our Discord server, as opposed to Admirals and Fleet Captains, is that we have a presence in games other than STO, including Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2 and others on a more casual an informal basis.  We wanted those roles to make sense to not only our STO membership, but also to our members from outside of the Star Trek franchise.  Our on-going goal is to continue to expand our community beyond just Star Trek Online, so as to ensure sustainability when STO's lifespan eventually comes to an end.

Like I say, we're definitely open to considering or examining feedback and keeping our ears open to the opinions of the wider membership with that, and if there appeared to be a large consensus, we could potentially look at making some changes there.  Hope this helps to address your questions and explain our thought process behind that all!

3 people liked this

Request

May 04 2019
Maybe a more generic terminology? Admins or leaders and moderators or support staff for any future expansion, so the membership can see the who is who and who does what, so questions and support can be directed to and from the right people? Just a thought, though I know most of the leadership help each other out which is cool.

Cool now that I have that out of my system, sorry it's an OCD thing as I like organising things and naming conventions. I do apologise if I sound a bit stubborn, I don't mean to be. Just offering an opinion.

Oh is the Fleet Captain application a generic form or are they tailored to what department you want to apply for?