Halloween Pre-Event Story!

Larry

Laeren

October 19 2017
Quote by medgirl1025
Her Klingon temper starting to get the best of her, "Why is nothing working around here," Medgirl exclaimed angrily! Infuriated by the incessant humming from the panel. She banged her tight gripped fists on the computer panel. "Work damn you!" Hoping the false belief that smashing something would make it work again. Med realized it was futile and made her way toward the door. Pausing a moment she heard odd sounds coming from the other side. "Ugh, what now?"

The sounds of clawing could be heard on the other side. At first thinking @Lorenius' cat had gotten loose again, she swore to have a talk with him about that, but no cat leaves a dent in the door in the same manner she witnessed happening right before her eyes. "This is definitely not a cat," she whispered. Quickly making her way to the bedroom she grabbed her duty belt wrapping it around her waist. The click from the buckle assuring her everything was in place. She reached to the wall with both hands pulling down her bat'leth. Looking back to the door she turned around just in time...

Something heavy thumped against the door, again. Remarkably, the doors tried to open, to accommodate passage of whatever was on the other side of the door, but they jammed only partially open due to the distortions the dents had caused in their structure. Through the slightly parted doors, Medgirl could see glimpses of a struggle happening outside. She moved closer to the door, bat'leth ready, to take a look into the corridor.

What looked like an enormous, hairless targ with a giant singular horn on its nose was floating three inches above the floor, surrounded by a flickering blue light. To her left, she could see Ensign Laeren Misha, his back forming the dent in the door, face red with strain, his shaky hand held out before him. His veins bulged in his forehead as he tried to lift his hand higher, but even as he did, the airborne creature dipped suddenly to the deck. Its legs found purchase, and it pushed back against the ensign's telekinetic field, slowly making its way towards him, its eyes red with anger, the huge armor plates flexing with its vast strength. As she watched, the horn made contact with Laeren's chest.

"Medgirl, please," Laeren said, voice tight with strain. "I can't hold it much longer..."

Unknown Person liked this
Edited October 19 2017 by Laeren

October 19 2017
Quote by Voleron
As this drama unfolded, a drama of its own was unfolding on deck 32, from within Fleet Admiral @NicholasJohn16's dimly lit quarters, which were illuminated only by the occasional flicker of a pair of Ferengi earwax candles that he'd lit on his dining table for ambience.  Reaching across the table and past an impressive spread of culinary delights, including Szechuan Targ, sauteed Ratamba stew, and a generous cut of snail steak, Admiral Nick clutched @Gravity's hand, holding it in a tender and loving embrace. 

"I've waited for five years for the perfect moment to sneak you into my quarters" whispered Nick... "commanding officers can't be seen in the romantic company of... subordinates, you understand; you're ABSOLUTELY sure that your crazy and jealous boyfriend @Dax_aussie_boy didn't follow you here, right?", worried Nick, failing to notice the glow of the Omega alert that had filled his workstation screen.

Looking around the destroyed Xeno-Biology lab, Captain @JimJMcL1a, let out a sigh.  Thinking to himself, that at least he thought to bring a Security Officer with him, Ensign Loranor, a Bajoran, just fresh from the academy.  Jim walked over to the remains of a containment unit studying a shimmering green slim dripping from it, when Ensign Loranor spoke up, "Sir, look at these fibers, its almost like a spider web except that it has what seems to be synaptic firings".  "Don't touch it Ensign", pulling his tricorder from his belt Jim attempted to scan the fibers.  Banging the tricorder against his hand, "damn it!  What ever is affecting the power systems is affecting tricorders too!", Jim exclaimed.  

Suddenly there was a loud commotion on the other side of the door.  Running to it Ensign Loranor ran face first into the sealed doors.  Barely containing his chuckle, Jim walked over to the manual release, and ordered the Ensign to draw his phaser.  "Set Phasers to stun, on my mark enter the hallway".  When @JimJMcL1a pulled the manual release, the doors opened enough for one person to squeeze through.  Looking at the Ensigns red uniform and thankful that his own uniform was blue, he signaled for Loranor to go through first.  Suddenly the Ensign was no longer there, but Jim heard a sickening thud from the other side of the door.  He quickly set his phaser to maximum, and cautiously slid through the doors.

The scene that greeted him was almost surreal.  The young Ensigns broken body slump against the opposite bulkhead, when he looked down he saw the body of Kieran(Kierix) on the floor.  Jim squatted down and felt for a pulse, relived that there was a faint one.  Probably hit by a heavy stun.  Looking up from Kieran, Jim saw the imposing figure of a Klingon Female with her back too him, He knew immediately that it was @medgirl1025.  Tableau she was staring at would be almost comical if it wasn't horrifying.  There sat Milmar cacooned with a bottle of Chateau Du Picard in one hand, and a bottle of Klingon Blood wine in the other.  To Milmars, right was @Mstfrancis, bound in  the webbing, and contorted as if he were reaching for one or both bottles of wine in Milmar's hands.  To Milmars left was @GXV3, lightly bound in the web, his shirt in tatters, his abs flexing and twitching as if the filaments were tickling him.  In front of them all was Voeron, and @Zander_Hawk, in a spoon position wearing, red pajamas, and clutching black toothbrushes.  Slowing standing and cautiously trying to skirt medgirl1075, Jim looked down to see a bloody Bat'leth at her feet, when suddenly she turned her gaze on him.
Seemingly in a trance like state, she pointed a boney finger at him and her mouth started to form words with no sound coming out.  Jim could just make out "RUN! IT is coming", when he suddenly saw a shadowy blur running toward him.  Before he could react, he felt the wind knocked out of him, and a blinding pain in his skull as his head hit the bulkhead.  The last thing he saw before blacking out was the beaten and battered face of his friend @Dax_aussie_boy.
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

October 19 2017
Quote by JimJMcL1a
Quote by Voleron
As this drama unfolded, a drama of its own was unfolding on deck 32, from within Fleet Admiral @NicholasJohn16's dimly lit quarters, which were illuminated only by the occasional flicker of a pair of Ferengi earwax candles that he'd lit on his dining table for ambience.  Reaching across the table and past an impressive spread of culinary delights, including Szechuan Targ, sauteed Ratamba stew, and a generous cut of snail steak, Admiral Nick clutched @Gravity's hand, holding it in a tender and loving embrace. 

"I've waited for five years for the perfect moment to sneak you into my quarters" whispered Nick... "commanding officers can't be seen in the romantic company of... subordinates, you understand; you're ABSOLUTELY sure that your crazy and jealous boyfriend @Dax_aussie_boy didn't follow you here, right?", worried Nick, failing to notice the glow of the Omega alert that had filled his workstation screen.

Looking around the destroyed Xeno-Biology lab, Captain @JimJMcL1a, let out a sigh.  Thinking to himself, that at least he thought to bring a Security Officer with him, Ensign Loranor, a Bajoran, just fresh from the academy.  Jim walked over to the remains of a containment unit studying a shimmering green slim dripping from it, when Ensign Loranor spoke up, "Sir, look at these fibers, its almost like a spider web except that it has what seems to be synaptic firings".  "Don't touch it Ensign", pulling his tricorder from his belt Jim attempted to scan the fibers.  Banging the tricorder against his hand, "damn it!  What ever is affecting the power systems is affecting tricorders too!", Jim exclaimed.  

Suddenly there was a loud commotion on the other side of the door.  Running to it Ensign Loranor ran face first into the sealed doors.  Barely containing his chuckle, Jim walked over to the manual release, and ordered the Ensign to draw his phaser.  "Set Phasers to stun, on my mark enter the hallway".  When @JimJMcL1a pulled the manual release, the doors opened enough for one person to squeeze through.  Looking at the Ensigns red uniform and thankful that his own uniform was blue, he signaled for Loranor to go through first.  Suddenly the Ensign was no longer there, but Jim heard a sickening thud from the other side of the door.  He quickly set his phaser to maximum, and cautiously slid through the doors.

The scene that greeted him was almost surreal.  The young Ensigns broken body slump against the opposite bulkhead, when he looked down he saw the body of Kieran(Kierix) on the floor.  Jim squatted down and felt for a pulse, relived that there was a faint one.  Probably hit by a heavy stun.  Looking up from Kieran, Jim saw the imposing figure of a Klingon Female with her back too him, He knew immediately that it was @medgirl1025.  Tableau she was staring at would be almost comical if it wasn't horrifying.  There sat Milmar cacooned with a bottle of Chateau Du Picard in one hand, and a bottle of Klingon Blood wine in the other.  To Milmars, right was @Mstfrancis, bound in  the webbing, and contorted as if he were reaching for one or both bottles of wine in Milmar's hands.  To Milmars left was @GXV3, lightly bound in the web, his shirt in tatters, his abs flexing and twitching as if the filaments were tickling him.  In front of them all was Voeron, and @Zander_Hawk, in a spoon position wearing, red pajamas, and clutching black toothbrushes.  Slowing standing and cautiously trying to skirt medgirl1075, Jim looked down to see a bloody Bat'leth at her feet, when suddenly she turned her gaze on him.
Seemingly in a trance like state, she pointed a boney finger at him and her mouth started to form words with no sound coming out.  Jim could just make out "RUN! IT is coming", when he suddenly saw a shadowy blur running toward him.  Before he could react, he felt the wind knocked out of him, and a blinding pain in his skull as his head hit the bulkhead.  The last thing he saw before blacking out was the beaten and battered face of his friend @Dax_aussie_boy.

Dax laying on the ground, in his black satin robe, torn and tattered as he see Jim hitting the bulkhead, he felt helpless to do anything. He hears the soft humming coming from all around him. "Nawwww someone got a ouchy on their face." says the the voice in a sarcastic tone. Dax turns his head to see the pink and blue hair person twirling their hair between their fingers, dressed in a singlet with the words "Mumma's little boy" in blue and pink writing across the middle in a pair of black leather short shorts and long thigh height leather boots with metal studs going down the side of them.
Psycho Dax bends down to look at the beaten face of his counter-part, "You got a very big ouchy riiiiiigght......THERE!!!!!" says the Psycho Dax as he scratches along the wound with his fingers dragging the blood down the side.

Giggling from the excitement, Psycho Dax heres the skittering sounds of the creature near by. "OOOOOoooooooo. My little pet has come back to play? Im so EXCITED!!!!" jumping in the area with legs kicking like a jester. On the final jump, he twirls on the spot and looks at @GXV3. "Your gonna have so much fun. But not like what i saw of @Voleron and @Zander_Hawk in the shuttlebay." says Psycho Dax giggling at what he had saw before @Jacien showed up. "You all have fun with Mister Spi, he loves playing with his..... toys. BYE!!!!!!" says Psycho Dax as he skips back into the darkness humming to a tune of 'This is the song that doesn't end. It goes on and on my Friend.'
2 people liked this
Larry

Laeren

October 20 2017
Quote by Laeren
Quote by medgirl1025
Her Klingon temper starting to get the best of her, "Why is nothing working around here," Medgirl exclaimed angrily! Infuriated by the incessant humming from the panel. She banged her tight gripped fists on the computer panel. "Work damn you!" Hoping the false belief that smashing something would make it work again. Med realized it was futile and made her way toward the door. Pausing a moment she heard odd sounds coming from the other side. "Ugh, what now?"

The sounds of clawing could be heard on the other side. At first thinking @Lorenius' cat had gotten loose again, she swore to have a talk with him about that, but no cat leaves a dent in the door in the same manner she witnessed happening right before her eyes. "This is definitely not a cat," she whispered. Quickly making her way to the bedroom she grabbed her duty belt wrapping it around her waist. The click from the buckle assuring her everything was in place. She reached to the wall with both hands pulling down her bat'leth. Looking back to the door she turned around just in time...

Something heavy thumped against the door, again. Remarkably, the doors tried to open, to accommodate passage of whatever was on the other side of the door, but they jammed only partially open due to the distortions the dents had caused in their structure. Through the slightly parted doors, Medgirl could see glimpses of a struggle happening outside. She moved closer to the door, bat'leth ready, to take a look into the corridor.

What looked like an enormous, hairless targ with a giant singular horn on its nose was floating three inches above the floor, surrounded by a flickering blue light. To her left, she could see Ensign Laeren Misha, his back forming the dent in the door, face red with strain, his shaky hand held out before him. His veins bulged in his forehead as he tried to lift his hand higher, but even as he did, the airborne creature dipped suddenly to the deck. Its legs found purchase, and it pushed back against the ensign's telekinetic field, slowly making its way towards him, its eyes red with anger, the huge armor plates flexing with its vast strength. As she watched, the horn made contact with Laeren's chest.

"Medgirl, please," Laeren said, voice tight with strain. "I can't hold it much longer..."

Medgirl, not one to ever hesitate, gathered herself and, using her unearthly Klingon strength, gave the door a tremendous kick. Weakened by the previous damage, it flew outward into the hall, followed by Medgirl herself as she leaped at the monstrous, horned entity, bat'leth already swinging down towards its head. 

Surprisingly, the beast reared back and, using Laeren's telekinetic field, leaped backwards, colliding with the far wall of the corridor. The bat'leth swooshed through empty air, and rang with its impact on the deck plates. Both Medgirl and monstrous beast gathered themselves, Medgirl circling into the hallway to gain a better attack angle, the beast shaking its head, snorting and extricating itself from the destroyed wall behind it.

Medgirl spun low, bat'leth flashing out and striking the beast in the knees, severing them. The beast dropped onto the remaining stumps of its front legs. Oddly, no blood sprayed out from this injury.

"Laeren, I think it's a hologram!" she growled loudly, preparing another strike.

"Yeah, I thought there was some--" he started.

Laeren's statement was cut off as the beast flung itself at Medgirl in an astonishingly forceful, flying leap that carried it from where it had been a moment before, all the way to her position, tackling her to the ground in an attempt to gore her with its horn. Medgirl adjusted her grip and held on to her bat'leth under the beast's neck, bracing herself. Her elbows struck the hallway floor, driving the blade of the bat'leth up and into the monster, driving it in deeply. She was rewarded for her action by the satisfying sound of the beast's severed head hitting the floor as it rolled down the hallway. She heaved the remainder of the holographic beast off of her, before it dissipated into motes of light that flickered and disappeared.

"I don't think the safeties are on," she said, picking herself up, habitually checking the edge of her bat'leth with her thumb. "I think it really meant to kill us."

"Yeah, tell me about it," Laeren said. He had his hand pressed against his chest, and did not get up off the floor.

"Hey, are you injured?" Medgirl inquired.

"Yeah, I think it got me with that horn a bit," Laeren said, wincing. "Not too badly, I think I'm ok, but it sure as hell hurts."

"Let me see," Medgirl said, pulling Laeren's hand away from his chest. He grimaced as his hand came away, and Medgirl could see the blood soaked hole in his uniform revealing a gash in his chest. 

"No, you're not OK. You need to go to sickbay," she advised.

"Ok, I'll head there right away," Laeren promised, replacing his hand over his wound. "There's something really wrong with the holographic system on the station. This isn't the first of these creatures I've encountered today. And I haven't been able to contact anyone else on the station - comms must be down."

"Well, let me take you to Sickbay first," Medgirl said. "You're in no condition to face more of these things."

"Hey, I'm fi-" Laeren started to say.

Medgirl stopped and looked at Laeren. He had stopped speaking suddenly, and was just standing there, shuddering, his face going white and his eyes rolling up into his head. She looked at his chest, but there was no additional sign of blood loss. His hand had dropped away from his chest, and was quivering like the rest of him. She stepped around him to see if there were any other injuries, when she noticed a small wisp of a dark...something...entering his ear. She stepped around in front of him, in time to see his eyes turn completely black. 

"Medgirl," Laeren said, his voice taking on a rasping, echoing quality. "I need to talk to you. About your soul."

"My what?" she said, derisively. 

"Your soul," Laeren intoned, ominously. "Your life blood. Your energy. Your spirit. That which makes you alive."

"Ok, what about it?" she inquired, her hackles rising, though she wasn't sure why. She took a step back, raising her weapon.

"I want it. All of it. I want to devour it," he growled, eyes widening in anticipation. "I yearn for it. It calls to me, and I want it. Surrender to me."

He reached for her. She swing the backside of her bat'leth at him, sweeping his arms away with the blunt handle, then ducked under his second grab. She spun and kicked him hard in the midsection. 

In that moment of contact, she felt his hunger. She could feel how much he desired to devour her. But not just her flesh. She could feel a primal...evil...inside of him. The desire to torture her, cause her pain and suffering, and drag her down into the pits of Gre'thor. GRE'THOR? she thought. Where did THAT come from? She hadn't thought about Gre'thor since her childhood, when people older than her had tried to make her behave, or otherwise Fek'lhr would drag her screaming into the pits of Gre'thor, to be tortured for eternity. In that brief moment of contact, she was convinced that this evil entity, whatever it was, could actually make that happen. The thought shook her to her core...

...and then Laeren flew back from the force of the kick, landing on his back in the middle of the hallway. 

He laughed. Then he jerked suddenly upright, floating in the air. A flickering blue glow surrounded him.

"Med...girl," Laeren gasped, barely managing to get the words out. "You surprised...stunned...it...and...contained...but not for long...trying to...devour me...I...contained...now...run..."

Medgirl, still shaken from her vision, moved closer to him cautiously. "Laeren, we can get it out of you. We'll find a way," she said, forcefully.

"No time...for..." Laeren said, struggling for the words. "It...strong. And old...very old...knows things. You must run. Now. Please..."

"Don't be an idiot hero, Laeren," she growled. "You're not built for it."

"There's no choice...must run...please run...please...now," he urged. "RUN!"

His arm reached out to the side, pointing into the Medgirl's quarters. Suddenly, there was the sound of groaning metal, cracking glass. She glanced in through the doors, and saw her cabin window cracking, twisting, the metal frame crushing inwards. A low rumble heralded a wind suddenly rising, as air began to be sucked in through her cabin doors. The continued sound of metal being ripped away from metal and glass was all the final encouragement she needed. She turned and bolted away from him, bat'leth held in front of her. She reached the safety of the emergency bulkhead closing down, just as the sounds behind her reached a crescendo of screeching metal and shattering glass, and a huge blast of air rushing down the hallway rumbled past her. Through the last few inches of space beneath the door, she saw Laeren's form get launched sideways into her quarters, before the door finally landed with a loud thump

Unknown Person

October 20 2017
Jacien walked purposefully down the corridor, several weapons hanging from his belt and shoulders and large bag slung over his back. He wore a breather apparatus across his face that he'd snagged from an emergency locker. He'd conveniently given @Voleron and @Zander_Hawk the slip during their mad flight from the twisted version of @Dax_aussie_boy, for the work that he needed to do, was done best when there were witnesses. Witnesses were always an annoying hassle; requiring exacting memory modification, carefully crafted cover stories and an exhaustive amount of paperwork. He rounded a corner and immediately dove to the ground, narrowly avoiding a fireball as it blazed past where his torso had been. 

An orange scaled bipedal saurian roughly a meter tall stood in the middle of the corridor, flames licking the tip of his tail and dancing at the back of its throat as it readied for another attack. Jacien brought up his full auto cryo rifle that he'd picked up on Nukara Prime. The Charmelion slumped to the ground, incapacitated. Jacien reached into his bag and pulled out a pokeball and tossed it at in front of the insensate form. It opened and absorbed the vanquished holo-creature in a swirl of digitized light.

"That should about do it," he said to no one in particular. "Time to find the rest of the Fleetie Darlings..."

Accessing the nearest panel, Jacien quickly found the rest of the senior staff holed up in one of the xenobiology labs as he made his way there. Numerous crew members had already fallen prey to the rampant pokemon holograms and the stalking creature that had infiltrated the base but there were ways around death when time was no object and everything was subject to a do-over. The antiquated Apple watch he frequently received criticisms for wearing vibrated on his wrist, indicating the presence of one of the predatory lifeforms was within close proximity. Pulling a flash grenade from his belt, he armed the suicide switch and set the kill switch to go off when he let his thumb off the activator. The shadows at the end of the corridor seemed to deepen, coalescing into a humanoid form that seemed to devour the ambient light of the red-alert panels.

It glided toward him menacingly, making a low-pitched roaring sound that sounded like something straight out of of a Michael Bay film. The 21st century Aegis agent of Earth-turned Starfleet Officer/Temoral refugee brought up his watch, aiming it as though it were a wrist rocket at the creature. At first nothing happened but then, a temporal vortex opened up directly behind it. The creature screeched in surprise and and rage as the tendrils of exotic particles wrapped themselves around it. It strained against them, moving perilously closer to Jacien, reaching it's claw-like manus within centimeters of his face. Jacien screwed his eyes shut and turned away as he dropped the grenade.

The creature writhed in agony as the light speared it, the temporal vortex made short work of the rest. Jacien continued his journey to the lab. He'd lost a bet to Admiral @nicholasjohn16 which was why he'd been demoted to a cadet for the rest of the week but the Admiral of the Temporal research division of Stonewall Fleet had decided that all bets where off. The pokemon where easy enough to deal with when you grew up watching their cartoons and collecting their trading cards. You just had to know their weaknesses and how to exploit them. Who did they think had inroduced @GXV3 to them in the first place? 
3 people liked this
Edited October 20 2017 by Unknown Person
Michael

Mstfrancis

October 20 2017
From outside the station @mstfrancis peered into the Xeno-Biology lab where he saw the carnage ensue. He wasn’t sure what they were dealing with, but whatever it was, was not something they have dealt with before. This was mean, it tore through bodies with ease, and tossed them like rag dolls around the room. He didn’t envy the men in there. He was just lucky the the clones of @gxv3 and he were still in the maturation chamber and provided him enough of a distraction to exit the airlock and proceed down the hull. Did he feel like a coward not facing the being head on? 

Hell no, he thought to himself. There are victors in all things and space walking his way to auxillary control would be his. Between that monster and all the internal holographic projectors placing wild Pokémon at random, the halls were a literal death trap. He preferred to not be some holograms lunch. 

His slow walk toward Auxillary control was taxing. He could feel the magnetic plates with each step. He had forgotten how even being in Zero G, each step was rated higher than earths gravity. Each step was another 10 lbs of weight in his foot. He looked up while swallowing a feeling of hopelessness as he noticed through the nebula the planet they were orbiting was looking much closer than normal. 

“Computer, is the station in normal position over the planet?” He asked hoping it was just his imagination. 

“Negative. Thruster failure at 13:00 hours resulted in orbital decay.” The voice chimed dryly, and almost knowingly. 

“Based on rate of decay, calculate time before lower decks hit the atmosphere.” He asked already noticing what looked like flickering off the heat shield. 

“Impact occurred at 21:14 hours to the station dorsal shields. Shielding at 18% and falling.” The computer chimed cheerily as he continued his descent.

“Ok one more question,” He continued on feeling the weight in his legs. The pain in his thighs worsening each time the boots dislodged from the hull. “If I make it to Auxillary control will I have enough time to restart the thrusters and bolster the shielding?”

“Negative, dorsal shield collapse eminent. Based on rate of descent you will not have time to reactivate thrusters.” The computer paused chirping as if it was continuing. “Suggested alternative, removal of gravity boots would allow for additional time to restart thrusters.”

He blinked, and he couldn’t believe what he was preparing to do. He had no thruster pack, only the bat’leth he had strapped to his back and the phaser at his hip. No thruster pack, no tether, no way of saving himself should he screw this all up. He made his way to a hatch handle stepped on to the bar and pushed off deactivating his gravity boots. 

His vitals on the screen started blaring. “Heart rate 178, O2 concentration at 74%.” He ignored the red letters, Warning: detached from station. 

He was panicking he could feel his heart beating in his chest as he passed through the nebula cloud surrounding him in brilliant orange and blue shimmering light. He could’t make out the startion, and wasn’t sure of the bearings. He hoped he hadn’t over shot his mark. 

“Warning, impact alert!” The computer called out. He raised he hands up hoping to protect his helmet. He hit with a resounding thud, cracking the visor of his helmet. The HUD began scrambling, and died. He reacivated the Gravity boots hoping they would catch the surface of the station. As he tumbled, he gasped, the stations shield collapsed and the lower hills were begging to sheer away from the station projecting orbital debris upward. 

“Warning, catastrophic damage to decks fifty through sixty.” The computer alerted. He realized that he didn’t need her to tell him that, he could see the decking flail away pulling back bulkheads and support trusses. He continued to spin feeling more hopelessly gone with every rotation. His body jerked forward as his boot locked down on the hull. He began to quickly catch his bearings as he realized he was near an airlock. He bent down and deactivated his boots and pulled himself toward it the opening. 

He stretched up activating the external release, but it wouldn’t budge. He pulled open the controls to override the security lockout. He saw the problem, the isolinear chips were not aligned, he quickly resorted the data chips to blue, green, white, as the station behind him started venting plasma causing fires to spread across the hull. He looked back as he saw green flames erupt from the lower decks licking the conduit housing. 

He quickly retried he release and the hatch opened. He tumbled inside and repressurized the airlock. After removing his helmet he breathed deeply realizing what had just happened and slipped out of the EV suit. He couldn’t help but feel the literal gravity in the room and it weighed down hard. This station was falling into the planet below, there are murderous holograms on the loose and a blood hungry beast roaming the halls. 

His eyes widened, as the realization of what was happening around him began to sink in. He could feel his breath quicken and his heartbeat rise. Paralyzed in the moment that was swirling around him an idea sparked. 

He picked up his bat’leth and phaser and made his way out the corridor, tapping his combadge, “@gxv3, And @med please respond.” 
2 people liked this
Edited October 20 2017 by Mstfrancis
Larry

Laeren

October 20 2017
Laeren felt the blast of the station's atmosphere hit him, and he let his telekinetic field go with it. It launched him out through the hole he had made in the cabin window, and out into the nebula, where the venting had cleared a small space in the nebular gases. He could feel the creature inside of him railing, spinning, desperately seeking a way out of his field, but he held onto it, kept the field solid, so that it could not escape. 

"It'll be over soon," he thought. "I just have to hold onto it long enough, so both of us can die out here."

He could feel both of their strengths failing. The creature, in choosing to bond with him during the devouring process, had linked itself to his own biological functions. It had wanted to experience his terror, his dying moments, fully, before consuming him entirely and moving on, but had changed its mind and tried to murder his friend using his own body, to make him feel that horror as well, to feed it even more. Fortunately, the process had been interrupted by Medgirl, which had allowed him to resist the creature, and then trap it in with him. He smiled dryly to himself, as he was hurled further into the gases by the momentum.

His thoughts turned to all his friends on the station. He hoped they were ok. They were ("Are..." he corrected himself) the finest crew that could be assembled in this part of the galaxy. He missed them already.

He could feel the final vestiges of his field wavering, collapsing. He readied himself for the inevitable pain that would come from the decompression he was about to experience. He closed his eyes, readying himself...

A tingling sensation pervaded his body. "A transporter?" he thought, wildly, hopefully. 

Then, he panicked. "No...NO...NO!! NOT YET!! IT'S STILL..."

Darkness.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

October 20 2017
Quote by Mstfrancis

His eyes widened, as the realization of what was happening around him began to sink in. He could feel his breath quicken and his heartbeat rise. Paralyzed in the moment that was swirling around him an idea sparked. 

He picked up his bat’leth and phaser and made his way out the corridor, tapping his combadge, “@gxv3, And @med please respond.” 

GXV3 was dazzed and confused with all that was happening on the station, he didnt know where he was or what he was doing. He heard a chirp coming from his com badge. "GXV3 & Medgirl please respond"

GXV could only manage a couple of sentences ,,,,   "GX here .. how can i help you"? he replied.
Before Francis had a chance to respond, he saw down the corridor in front of him @Tlara and @Niko running toward him both shouting "...?" ...  

Larry

Laeren

October 20 2017
The exotic particles ripped at the creature's body, dissolving it and scattering it into the temporal vortex created by the humanoid. It lunged desperately towards him, but suddenly there was an intensely bright light, so bright that the creature was hurled backward into the vortex. It felt itself being scattered, and it tried to hold itself together against the onslaught. 

A tiny hole appeared in the center of the vortex, like the eye of a storm, and desperately, the creature lunged toward it. It had lost most of its energy to the vortex, and with its final strength, it poured through the hole...

It found itself on a planet, splashed on the ground like a spilled oil slick. It tried to move around, and succeeded, but only slightly. It could sense its surroundings and feel the life around it. Humanoids, nearby. Part of it wanted to investigate, part of it wanted to run away in fear. Humanoids had finally hurt it and sent it away. Humanoids were food. It hungered, but it also feared.

Hunger won out, and it creeped slowly towards the sensation of humanoid life. Cresting a rock, it extended its senses towards the humanoids, crouched around a hot energy source, jibbering the sounds humanoids make. 

These would do.

Millennia later, the creature watched as the photon torpedo destroyed the shuttlecraft that had so recently caused it so much pain. "Humanoids," it thought to itself. "I must not play with my food for so long." 

It savored the one life it was able to take in its most recent encounter with humanoids. The lifeforce, belonging to someone named "Yar", was sweet, strong, and vibrant. It wanted to torture it, bring out utmost terror, but the lifeforce would not submit to the terror. It tried assailing it with memories, with illusions, but the lifeforce resisted all of these, with a strength and resolve that surprised the creature.

In a fit of pique, the creature consumed the lifeforce entirely in one effort. Its feeling of satisfaction was marred, somewhat, as the very last vestige of the lifeforce told it to fuck off.

Armus pooled itself, alone on the planet Vagra II. It would wait for the next set of humanoids to encounter it. 

It could wait forever, if needed.
Edited October 20 2017 by Laeren

October 21 2017
Quote by Dax_aussie_boy
Quote by JimJMcL1a
Quote by Voleron

Dax laying on the ground, in his black satin robe, torn and tattered as he see Jim hitting the bulkhead, he felt helpless to do anything. He hears the soft humming coming from all around him. "Nawwww someone got a ouchy on their face." says the the voice in a sarcastic tone. Dax turns his head to see the pink and blue hair person twirling their hair between their fingers, dressed in a singlet with the words "Mumma's little boy" in blue and pink writing across the middle in a pair of black leather short shorts and long thigh height leather boots with metal studs going down the side of them.
Psycho Dax bends down to look at the beaten face of his counter-part, "You got a very big ouchy riiiiiigght......THERE!!!!!" says the Psycho Dax as he scratches along the wound with his fingers dragging the blood down the side.

Giggling from the excitement, Psycho Dax heres the skittering sounds of the creature near by. "OOOOOoooooooo. My little pet has come back to play? Im so EXCITED!!!!" jumping in the area with legs kicking like a jester. On the final jump, he twirls on the spot and looks at @GXV3. "Your gonna have so much fun. But not like what i saw of @Voleron and @Zander_Hawk in the shuttlebay." says Psycho Dax giggling at what he had saw before @Jacien showed up. "You all have fun with Mister Spi, he loves playing with his..... toys. BYE!!!!!!" says Psycho Dax as he skips back into the darkness humming to a tune of 'This is the song that doesn't end. It goes on and on my Friend.'

Groaning, as he came too, @JimJMcL1a, opened his eyes and felt a blinding pain, his vision blurred. He took a cursory glance around at his surrounding.  The image of @medgirl1025 flickered as she picked up her bat'leth and began swinging it at anything that moved.  He felt someone sitting next to him against the bulkhead, and cautiously looked to see a battered @Dax_Aussie_boy looking defeated.  Kieran still laying where he had fallen.  Trying to clear his vision, he barely made out the form of the creature skittering toward him, he tucked and rolled out of its way as it made a sickening thunk against the bulkhead.  Feeling something poke him in the ribs he realized the phaser he had dropped earlier was now under him.  Grabbing it Jim fired it at the creature hitting it in the thorax, it screams excruciating, and making the pain in his head worse, but the creature scuttled back into the darkness.

Digging through his kit, Jim pulled out a hypo and applied it to his neck, instantly feeling the pain subside, and his vision clear.  Looking at the sleek device, he saw it still had two more doses left.  Applying one of the remaining Doses to Kieran(Kierix) neck, the kid groaned and his eyes blinked open.  Unnnggghh, what happened?, Kieran asked in a hoarse voice, looking around and pointing at Dax, Kieran exclaimed "He Shot Me!, except....except his hair was pink and blue."  Jim looked at Dax, then back too Kieran, "something is definitely wrong with him, and we need to get him too Sick Bay.  Turning toward Dax, Jim pressed the remaining dose to Dax neck.

@Dax_Aussie_boy eyes cleared, and he reached out and grabbed Jim by the arm, and in a Hoarse whisper said "We have to stop him!".  Jim just looked at his friend, and replied "First we need to get you too Sick Bay.  Kieran, help me get him into that Jefferies tube.  Sick Bay is one Deck above us"  Sighing , Kieran pulled himself up from the deck and did as he was ordered, with only a slight protest.  As they slowly climbed the ladder of the Jefferies tube with Jim in the lead, Dax in the Middle and young Kieran bringing up the rear.  Kieran exclaimed " Really!  Do I need to see this!  Dax in all his glory!  Couldn't you wear some underwear under that robe!"  Jim looked down and replied "Almost there Kieran, you can bare the site a few more minutes"

Finally reaching the Hatch to sick bay, Jim crawled out and helped Dax, as Kieran followed.  Helping Dax to a medical exam table, Jim looked around for the Base Doctor, @DrTheopolis, when Kieran called out "Over Here!".  Going into the Drs. office Jim saw Doc curled up in a ball, crying like a baby.  Sighing deeply, Jim tapped his com badge "Computer activate the Emergency Medical Program"  Suddenly a Mk I EMH flickered to life "Please state the nature of the medical emergency!"  Jim pointed to Kieran "he was hit with heavy stun, I was thrown against a bulkhead and hit my head, and am possibly concussed, and he" pointing at Dax seems to be in shock for some reason, and" Pointing at @DrTheopolis " well that's the way we found him"  The EMH responded by looking at Kieran and exclaiming " he will be fine, you do have a concussion, and easy fix", pulling a holographic medical tricorder from his belt, and scanning Jim, he grabbed a hypo, and injected it too Jim neck.  Turning his attention too Dax, he injected Dax with a sedative, and turned his tricorder on Doc.  The EMH Mk I then looked at Jim and Kieran, and said " Do you know you are all under the effects of a psychotropic compound?"  Jim and Kieran turned and looked at each other with dawning understanding on their faces.
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

October 21 2017
Quote by JimJMcL1a
Quote by Dax_aussie_boy
Quote by JimJMcL1a

Groaning, as he came too, @JimJMcL1a, opened his eyes and felt a blinding pain, his vision blurred. He took a cursory glance around at his surrounding.  The image of @medgirl1025 flickered as she picked up her bat'leth and began swinging it at anything that moved.  He felt someone sitting next to him against the bulkhead, and cautiously looked to see a battered @Dax_Aussie_boy looking defeated.  Kieran still laying where he had fallen.  Trying to clear his vision, he barely made out the form of the creature skittering toward him, he tucked and rolled out of its way as it made a sickening thunk against the bulkhead.  Feeling something poke him in the ribs he realized the phaser he had dropped earlier was now under him.  Grabbing it Jim fired it at the creature hitting it in the thorax, it screams excruciating, and making the pain in his head worse, but the creature scuttled back into the darkness.

Digging through his kit, Jim pulled out a hypo and applied it to his neck, instantly feeling the pain subside, and his vision clear.  Looking at the sleek device, he saw it still had two more doses left.  Applying one of the remaining Doses to Kieran(Kierix) neck, the kid groaned and his eyes blinked open.  Unnnggghh, what happened?, Kieran asked in a hoarse voice, looking around and pointing at Dax, Kieran exclaimed "He Shot Me!, except....except his hair was pink and blue."  Jim looked at Dax, then back too Kieran, "something is definitely wrong with him, and we need to get him too Sick Bay.  Turning toward Dax, Jim pressed the remaining dose to Dax neck.

@Dax_Aussie_boy eyes cleared, and he reached out and grabbed Jim by the arm, and in a Hoarse whisper said "We have to stop him!".  Jim just looked at his friend, and replied "First we need to get you too Sick Bay.  Kieran, help me get him into that Jefferies tube.  Sick Bay is one Deck above us"  Sighing , Kieran pulled himself up from the deck and did as he was ordered, with only a slight protest.  As they slowly climbed the ladder of the Jefferies tube with Jim in the lead, Dax in the Middle and young Kieran bringing up the rear.  Kieran exclaimed " Really!  Do I need to see this!  Dax in all his glory!  Couldn't you wear some underwear under that robe!"  Jim looked down and replied "Almost there Kieran, you can bare the site a few more minutes"

Finally reaching the Hatch to sick bay, Jim crawled out and helped Dax, as Kieran followed.  Helping Dax to a medical exam table, Jim looked around for the Base Doctor, @DrTheopolis, when Kieran called out "Over Here!".  Going into the Drs. office Jim saw Doc curled up in a ball, crying like a baby.  Sighing deeply, Jim tapped his com badge "Computer activate the Emergency Medical Program"  Suddenly a Mk I EMH flickered to life "Please state the nature of the medical emergency!"  Jim pointed to Kieran "he was hit with heavy stun, I was thrown against a bulkhead and hit my head, and am possibly concussed, and he" pointing at Dax seems to be in shock for some reason, and" Pointing at @DrTheopolis " well that's the way we found him"  The EMH responded by looking at Kieran and exclaiming " he will be fine, you do have a concussion, and easy fix", pulling a holographic medical tricorder from his belt, and scanning Jim, he grabbed a hypo, and injected it too Jim neck.  Turning his attention too Dax, he injected Dax with a sedative, and turned his tricorder on Doc.  The EMH Mk I then looked at Jim and Kieran, and said " Do you know you are all under the effects of a psychotropic compound?"  Jim and Kieran turned and looked at each other with dawning understanding on their faces.

Remembering bits and pieces of things before waking up in sickbay, he recalls the pink and blue hair counterpart of himself standing over him, Kieran making a remark about his glory and the EMH saying something about a psychotropic compound. Rolling his eyes to gathering his balance and concentrating of what is going on. "Psychotropic Compound? Is this a synthetic or naturally producing?" asks Dax whilst sitting up on the biobed.

Kieran looking at Dax, he turns quickly away from Dax at the sight of him. Dax puzzled what happened just then. Jim walks over to Dax and whispers in Dax's ear. "Crown jewels." Dax looked down and remembers he is still in his satin robe. Going red in the face and now piecing together what Kieran had said earlier, he quickly gets up and covers all bits and walks to the doctors office and grabs the gown over the chair and wrapped himself up in it. Walking about into the room, Dax turns to Kieran and says, "I'm so so so sorry. before walking up in here, i was in my quarters having a bath to help with my symbiotic connection with my symbiont, and i heard a large explosion, so i went to investigate and i had a phaser and tricorder when i walked outside and........... after that i cant remember."

EMH walks over to the computer console and works the screen. "From my analysis of the compound, it has elements that consist of it being a natural but there are other parts that are synthetic" EMH turns to everyone, "I surmise that the compound might affect each of you differently." says the EMH. "In what way would it affect each of us." asks Kieran. EMH grabs his tricorder and scans over Kieran, Dax, Jim and @DrTheopolis. "That i can't say as, i haven't been able to break it down. It seems very complex, the moment you attempt to identify certain things about it, the entire strain starts to come apart, so my approach to figuring out is going to be taking a while." says the EMH.

Dax intrigued, but confused on the issue of this compound, started to feel cold. "So what deck was i found on?" asks Dax, then he realised, "Where's @Medgirl1025?" states Dax.
2 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

October 21 2017
"Joined trill...more like joined horse..." Kieran muttered under his breath.

Looking over at Doc "I knew I should have gone into psychotherapy." Walking over to @DrTheopolis  offering him support, trying to bring him back to us.
3 people liked this
Cal

calx

October 21 2017
As the poor Lt Kierix @suigetsu was thrown to the wall, beside the broken body of the Commander now limp as a damp squid, a voice filled the corridor...

"Daxie poo....I see you...
"Daxie poo, Daxie poo, what will you do hoooo.....? 

"Daxie poo, Daxie poo, dressed all in red!
"Daxie poo, Daxie poo, soon you'll be fed. 

Muahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!"

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 21 2017
The time had come - the hour had struck.  @Zander_Hawk closed his eyes tightly and tapped the heels of his ruby red slippers together three times, whispering under his breath: "there's no place like home, there's no place like home..."  All of the Pokemon waved goodbye from the gate of Pokemon village and psycho @Dax_Aussie_Boy's evil laugh could be heard fading into nothingness.

Zander slowly re-gained consciousness in the bed of his quarters as Auntie @Medgirl1025 sponged away the sweat from his forehead.  "Goodness!  He's got quite the bump on the head.  We kinda thought there for a minute he was going to leave us" said @NicholasJohn16 as he and @DrTheopolis hovered overhead.  "But I did leave you, Admiral Nick that's just the trouble!" exclaimed Zander, "and I tried to get back for days and days!".

"There, there, lie quiet now.  You just had a bad dream" said @calx from among the rather large group of concerned friends that had gathered at Zander's bedside.

Sweaty, ill and exhausted, Zander continued: "and you were there @Voleron - we were on Risa together in speedos... and @Jacien was there!  But only that wasn't on Risa, it was in a shuttle!  @Gravity!  You were there too!  You'd snuck into Nick's quarters while Jason was drawing a bath!"

"@Trick, @TLara and @Lars-LordZandor, you were there too!  But you were mostly narrating the story and we didn't see much of you at all.  @GXV3: you were there... your Pokemon took over the station!  @Mstfrancis was there, drunk the whole while!  Ensign @Laeren!  You put up a good fight but you died too!"

"And @Thval was there with Wesley Crusher (or some cadet - who really cares?), and @suigetsu and @JimJMcL1a and @Devin6345 and @Bren and @Lorenius and, and..." exhausted, Zander stopped trying to replay the whole scary affair in his mind.

Aunt Med hushed Zander: "Oh, we dream lots of silly things when we --"  "No, Aunt Med!" interrupted Zander... "This was a real, truly live place.  And I remember that some of it wasn't very nice..."

Zander's friends hushed him back to sleep and slowly filed out of his quarters, leaving him to recover from the whole ordeal.  Gareth gave one more loving look back over at Zander, who, if the snoring was any indication, had fallen right back to sleep.  "Poor lil' guy - all tuckered out", he thought to himself as he withdrew from the room, though finding himself slightly jealous of the size of the presidential quarters that Admiral Zander's position afforded him.   The doors to the quarter swished closed.

As Zander slipped further and further into a comatose like sleep, a blue light began to shine at the foot of his bed.  Zander began to carefully levitate and was slowly drawn, feet first, toward the blue light.  Faint clicking could be heard from beyond the blue hued vortex that sucked Zander ever closer to it, growing ever louder as his body approached the event horizon.  Zander's body slipped through the portal and with that... he disappeared for yet another night... and another tale of terror!

8 people liked this
Edited October 21 2017 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 21 2017

Thanks to everyone who contributed to our Halloween pre-event story by adding and sharing their creativity with the rest of the fleet! As promised, everyone who contributed to the on-going story was placed in a draw and one person was selected at random to win 1,000 Zen (or master key equivalent)! Hope you all had fun! Keep it tuned to the forums for our Halloween event announcement that will be posted this weekend!

6 people liked this
Thayn The Gamer

ThaynTheGamer

October 21 2017
and what noone noticed was that on the chair next to his bed, his freaky lookin T'hayn doll which normally had a neutral facial expression, now had an evil smile on it...
5 people liked this
Edited October 21 2017 by ThaynTheGamer